Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Stomach pain

TamidiCare Partner
December 23, 2023 in Kidney

My doughter has been kudnay transplant 3 months ago.She is 22 years old.

She is on myfortic 720mgx2,prograf 4mgx2.She has stomach problem,pain,coused by medicament.

Do you have any advice.

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I had a lot of stomach issues (and still do!) post transplant. Some were medication induced, some were surgical recovery. if it’s medication/side effect issues her doctors should be able to help. I found smooth, easily digestible foods helped a lot. Juices, smoothies, meal replacement drinks were great for helping with nutrition. I also went to physiotherapy regularly, which helped. And my doctor was able to prescribe some pain meds to help. Also heating pads/warm compresses helped, and I found certain positions made it better too

December 24, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

The body probably needs a little time to adjust to the medications. But I had lots of stomach issues with Myfortic but not until years of being on it. Have her talk to her team and there might be a better option for her. Oh and the first year of transplant I could only take my medications with a slice of bread. That might help? I also had a lot of luck with having a smoothie once or twice a day. And raw veggies can be tough on the stomach. So maybe steamed veggies would be best.

December 26, 2023