General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

Good-bye 2023. Hello 2024.

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
December 30, 2023 in General

What are you most proud or grateful for in 2023? What are you looking forward to the most in 2024? I'll go first...

I am so grateful that my health was good and I could travel to Italy for the first time. I am mostly looking forward to spending more time with all of my nieces and nephews this coming year!

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• TServoldTransplant Patient

I was just coming onto TL for this very topic! I am so grateful my health was excellent (self proclaimed) in 2023. I'm grateful for all the experiences I had with my family.

In 2024, I'm looking forward to spending time with my family traveling around the state and watching my son play his first season of competitive baseball.

January 1, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Happy new year everyone!

2023 was an incredibly hard year.. my divorce was final in 2022, and I received a new hip at the final months of the same year which pushed my anemia down to transfusion levels and my kidney lost more and more fct. The beginning of 2023 was all about getting ready for a new transplant and making sure my sister was a match and I was eligible… a dental abscess caused more pain and huge bills with even further decline in my status, followed by an angiogram which pushed me - finally - into dialysis… now I was bridging to transplant and my sister flew in as my savior from Europe… from the day of the transplant things started to turn around dramatically physically w strength returning, pain subsiding from my stomach and nausea gone. However, the PTSD from the decline and especially the dialysis have caused a lot of anxiety and sleepless nights.

My life has never been about choosing the easy way out / I have always faced hurdles and obstacles right on.

For 2024 - I hope for a little less fighting and more peace …

For all of us recipients, and the world especially.

January 1, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I’m grateful for all of the fun times I had last year. There were many struggles with my husband who is in a wheelchair and fighting heart and kidney disease but we’re making the best of it. I overcame a slight rejection in June and am finally feeling better and better. We’ve got a wonderful son who checks on us everyday and he has a beautiful girl friend who is such fun to have around. I’m blessed to still have my mom who is in wonderful health and is always doing something for us even at 83. I’m hoping to travel more this year as soon as we safe enough fir my husband an electric scooter then look out here we come. Have a wonderful healthy new year to my new Tplantlyfe family!! ❀️

January 1, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Happy Happy 2024πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ to all of you. I pray we all stay healthy enjoy our new life with our families and most of all I am so grateful for my hero Andy if it was not for him and his family being organ donors my life would have been quite different. I jumped to joy each day. It’s a beautiful 2024 here in the south a little chilly and ready for football🏈🏈🏈

πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽŠπŸ’š

January 1, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love reflecting back on the year that's just passed. I don't normally set new years resolutions or plan much for the new year, but this year I'm abnormally ambitious!

I really want to focus on nervous system regulation in 2024. Cleaning up my diet, resuming a more consistent workout schedule, doing more cold plunges... Anybody want to help keep me accountable?

I had a really great 2023. It felt like a year where a lot shifted for me, and I really worked on strengthening my mindset and being in my body. I took a lot of crazy chances (some which paid off, some that didn't), had so many new opportunities and got more clarity on who I am and what I want. I'm hoping for more of that in 2024!

January 2, 2024
  • dlatchisonTransplant Patient

Love reading about folks' experiences, the good and the not-so-good. It's lovely having a forum for that type of vulnerability.

I mentioned on another post that I'm actively trying to practice gratitude in all that I do. Having a kidney transplant at an earlier age (17) meant that the younger "me" always felt a teeny bit invincible (lol), so now that I'm in my 30s I'm realizing how lucky I am to have an operational kidney even 14 years after my transplant.

Thanks for posing this question, Jeanmarie!

January 2, 2024