General — TransplantLyfe

General

Resolutions

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
January 3, 2024 in General

Did you make any resolutions for 2024?

I'm not normally one for resolutions, but I did make a few this year. My goal for 2024 is to focus on nervous system regulation as a way to improve my physical and mental health. I want more vibrancy, aliveness and joy this year! So I'm implementing changes in my diet, making sure I'm drinking enough water and incorporating daily cold plunges and workout classes.

I know a lot of resolutions barely make it through January, so let's hold each other accountable! What are your goals for 2024 and how can we support you?

1 - 12 of 12 Replies

• Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

Ah yes resolutions....My goal is to be more present and be a more active listener to my family and friends. I want to work on getting my body moving. My job is sedendary so i want to work on moving 30 minutes a day, even if its just walking around my apartment.

January 3, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I am really good about doing cardio at the gym, that was last years goal and I stuck to it. But I really want to add yoga back into my days. I started a daily yoga challenge on the 1st. So far so good, haha. It's early though. My other goal is to get out of the house, a minimum of once a week to take new photos. I fell away from it during the summer. Got busy with errands and appointments. Yes, let's help each other stay accountable. Great idea! I love it.

January 4, 2024
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

what kind of camera do you use to take your pictures?

January 4, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm also doing a yoga challenge this January! I find because I teach yoga I often let my personal practice fall to the side, so I'm really trying to get back on track with that. Which one are you doing? Let me know how it goes! Also if anybody else is doing a January yoga (or any other type of fitness) challenge let me know and we can set up an accountability group!

January 4, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 id live an accountability group. I practiced yoga, okay I followed a YouTube channel, regularly and somehow let it drop off. I find myself needing it but not prioritizing it.

@Jeanmarie are you setting any specific goals for photography? I'd love to get 1 image a week. I'm considering a 52 week challenge.

January 4, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@Berriosa1234 I have a Sony camera. It's mirrorless so it's nice and small so I can have it in my purse.

@AliEm14 and @TServold I really love the Down Dog app. I'm sure most yoga apps do this... but I love how you can decide which practice to do. Like the days I'm not feeling all that well I will do chair yoga or yin yoga. So I can at least get my body moving and blood flowing.

@TServold I really need to do at least one image once a week. The week is almost over... haha. I better get going!

January 5, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

How is everybody doing on their challenges? Still going strong?

@Jeanmarie @TServold

January 8, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I’m failing. 😞 I just can’t seem to lose weight. I think sometimes if I concentrate on it too much my body plays games. Haha. I know I can do it but lord it’s so hard. I’ve been dieting since I was 12 and still am. Ugh

January 8, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I am doing it so far, getting my steps in each day, joining a gym, I also do some upper body exercises w/bands, I have been looking into yoga will see what happens.

Good Luck everyone.

January 8, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Yay @Melsamm! I personally love yoga. Never could get into going to a gym but mad props to anyone who can

@Deb i’d challenge your mindset on failure (in the most loving way possible!) I find when we’re outcome focused, we can get really discouraged when we don’t see the results we want, where as if we are focused on creating healthy habits it’s easier to find sustainable change. So instead of focusing on where you’re “failing” where are you winning?!? What healthy habits are you trying right now that are supporting you physically, mentally and emotionally?

January 8, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Deb u can do it, I think AliEm hit it on the nose😊😊. We r here for u, I am hoping I keep it going especially on the cold/rainy days I needed an alternative. There are so many options on the internet you can do at home.

Thanks AliEm14.

January 8, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

AliEm14 and Melsamm Thank for your words of encouragement. Sometimes I need a reminder of things i have overcome and where I am today. I have been eating better and really doing more walking. I do think I just have bad days like we all do at times. Thank you again ladies!! 💚

January 10, 2024