General — TransplantLyfe

General

Favorite Recipes

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
February 1, 2024 in General

During yesterday's support group there was a lot of interest in sharing recipes with each other. I posted below one of my favorite things to eat. It makes a lot. It's easy and yummy! If you don't have an instapot you can easily throw everything into a crock-pot for several hours. I don't like cilantro so I leave that out. Same with the sour cream. You can adjust it anyway you'd like. 💗 Post your favorites below!

Tagged:

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• lescp3Care Partner

That looks delicious! Must admit, however, that I am scared of any recipe with more than 10 ingredients :)

February 2, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Hi! Here is my tip for tonight’s dinner:

roasted tofu cubes (10 or so per person)

two eggs whisked together

salt and pepper

dried shallots

butter and heavy creme

fry the tofu in the butter and add some heavy cream when they start to get browned

add salt and pepper and dried shallots

add the whisked eggs in one part of the pan (use the renaming sauce to scramble them in so you can use the same pan)

serve it all on a plate w a little more salt and perhaps a slice of smoked salmon if you are really hungry!

February 5, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@lescp3 Haha, Looks crazy. But it's mostly spices. The hardest part is cutting the sweet potatoes. Let me know if you try it. It's a huge hit with everyone that I make it for.

@Karin That sounds delicious. Do you get extra firm tofu? I am not great at cooking tofu. It's the only thing that I can't seem to get 100% right.

February 6, 2024
  • davin_14Transplant Patient

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and new kidney recipient as well (7 months 29/07/2023). Could you guide me more about diet? Everday, I consume a little bit of watermelon and coconut juice, so it can cause to increase creatinine level?

February 8, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Hi! Welcome to TransplantLyfe! I would suggest connecting with your post transplant Diet and Nutrition team. I know I had a Registered Dietician to work with specifically around what my nutrition needs were in conjunction with my labs. We can't really offer any medical advise, just share personal experiences. I hope these recipes that @Jeanmarie and @Karin have shared are interesting to you, I know they are to me!

February 13, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

we had this recipe recently. I will note: It is difficult to get fresh shrimp in Colorado!

Ingredients

Pineapple Salsa

• 1 cup pineapple, chopped
    • 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
    • 1 tbsp red onion, chopped
    • 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
    • 1 tbsp lime juice

Shrimp Tacos

• ¼ cup olive oil
    • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    • 1½ tbsp Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash
    • 1½ pound shrimp (approximately 32 medium-sized shrimp), cooked, no tails, peeled, deveined, thawed (if frozen)
    • 4 corn tortillas, taco size
    • 2 cups cabbage, shredded

Directions

1. In medium bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic and Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash. Toss shrimp into this mixture, coating shrimp well. Set aside to marinate while you put salsa together. Shrimp mixture can also be made ahead of time and marinated in refrigerator.
    2. Mix pineapple salsa ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
    3. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan and cook approximately 4 minutes, turning shrimp once, until heated through. (Shrimp can also be grilled in a vegetable type grill basket). Assemble tacos by dividing shrimp mixture among the 4 tortillas. Top with 1/4 cup shredded cabbage. And finally top each taco with 1/4 of the salsa mixture. Each taco will be overstuffed.

February 13, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Ok all of you sound like amazing cooks. I’ve been sick all week and these actually all made me hungry. Especially those shrimp tacos. I love pineapple salsa!! I love the fact there is someone there to help. I can’t wait for fresh fruit and vegetables to arrive along with summer.

February 13, 2024
  • dlatchisonTransplant Patient

This all looks so yummy! I'm a big fan—when I'm in a pinch—of tossing tofu in the air fryer (cubed) with whatever seasonings I'm in the mood for. Really delish!

Also, for my fellow plant-based pals, I can't recommend following Pick Up Limes on YouTube. They have lots of wonderful recipes, their content aesthetic is really lovely, and they even have an app they made from scratch!

February 14, 2024