General — TransplantLyfe

General

Anniversary

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
February 2, 2024 in General

My one year kidney transplant anniversary is in March and I am trying to come up with a unique way to honor my donor. I would love to hear ways you have celebrated your anniversary and honored your donor.

1 - 13 of 13 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

This is so exciting! My dad is my living donor. We usually just go out to dinner. Sometimes with other friends and family. We treat it like a birthday. I have seen people over the years honor their donors by doing activities that they loved to do. Do you have any ideas of what you might like to do?

February 17, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@JamieHaight That is really nice you celebrate with your dad every year. I have decided to do a balloon release the brunch with a few friends. I have my 1 year follow-up on the exact day with the surgeon and then later that day with my nephrologist.

February 17, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I usually switch it up from year to year but always mark the date. I actually worked with an organization in British Columbia called BeCeremonial to create organ donation rituals and ceremonies (I can share the link if anyone wants it). Last year, since @TServold and I share a date, we put out a call for our transplant community, friends and family to draw hearts on their palms, so we were all connected. That was really special. This year I’m playing around with ideas for another community ritual but haven’t decided on anything yet

February 19, 2024

@AliEm14 That is really cool’ Can you share the link

February 19, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Ldybug97 here you go! Ritual, ceremony and finding new ways to tell the transplant story is one of my favourite things to talk about (if you couldn’t tell from the interview I did with Karin recently!) so making these rituals to hopefully help others find new ways of navigating their story was an immense honour, and I love that this is my life’s work

February 21, 2024

thank you @AliEm14

February 21, 2024
  • fern22Transplant Patient

My one year is in May & Im feeling the call to make this anniversary all about health & wellness, thinking of doing a spa day!

February 21, 2024

@fern22 That sounds like a great idea.

February 21, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Today was my 4 year transplantversary. Doesn’t seem possible. I didn’t celebrate, no one even remembers it but me and one other friend. But that’s ok. I thank God everyday for my donor and for my health. I celebrate everyday that I wake up. I did join the ceremony group and will investigate that later. Hope this finds all of you doing well. Think spring!!!

February 22, 2024

@Deb Happy Anniversary…We are so happy you’re doing well. Remember just thriving is a celebration so you really did celebrate today. I will write your name in my gratitude journal tonight to celebrate you.

February 22, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Deb congratulations!!! Honouring this huge milestone with you, and holding you in my heart as you navigate whatever feelings come with this day

February 22, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Happy 4 year Deb! So happy you are doing well!

February 22, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi Deb, Happy Happy 4year Liverversary to you I wish you many many more to come.

I know how you feel I celebrate by myself many of my friends have moved on from my LTP. I will talk w/my brother who lives 12hrs. away, and I always think about my donor family💕💚.

I am like you so ready for spring 🌈..🌻🌼🌹🪻🌼🌸

February 22, 2024