General — TransplantLyfe

General

Transplant patients and switching of providers

Berriosa1234Transplant Patient
February 15, 2024 in General

Hi folks Hope this is finding you doing well. I was wanting to know what folks have done or felt when after their transplant they wanted to change their provider(s) What was the process like? what barriers did you face? Was it easy to do?

-Alex

Tagged:

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I've changed doctors several times through the years. All for various reasons. Some doctors I didn't feel they understood the transplant medications enough. Or dismissed my symptoms and were not aggressive enough to figure out a solution to whatever was happening. From all the times that I felt like I needed a different doctor's opinion, I've never regretted changing doctors. I usually just say I am looking for a second opinion and a treatment plan that I agree with. I never talk negatively about another provider. I just said I didn't agree with their treatment plan. There have been 3 instances very specifically in which I feel my quality of life improved drastically by changing providers.

February 17, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Berriosa1234 Hi, it was the best thing I ever did, I was going to a PCP and he was just not familiar with all that is involved with a TP patient. My new PCP is very much involved with my TP team visa versus with my TP team it’s great. Communication is everything for a TP patient.. Good luck

February 17, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Hi! Happy Saturday!! I have to say I’ve not had to change from any of my care team. I have however had to see a new doctor with my PCP Practice that didn’t impress me at all. He ask me questions I felt like he should have known the answer to or researched before he ever walked into my room. I have a sinus infection and I feel like he should have known what meds I could and could not take!! I will request not to see him again. But other than that very blessed.

February 17, 2024