General — TransplantLyfe

General

Hope?

Berriosa1234Transplant Patient
February 26, 2024 in General

How do you/did you hang on to hope? While waiting for your transplant?

1 - 15 of 15 Replies

• AmywTransplant Patient

God is the ultimate healer. Pray and make lists of goals you have for your future. I also read a lot about hope and healing by googling different survivor stories of various disorders and ailments. I also worked on being the healthiest version of myself through whatever control over my diet (in and out of hospitals). Andy Stanley is a very encouraging pastor. Google his videos regarding healing and tough times. Focus on and commit to being well and healthy. Praying for you.

February 26, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

My answer might be very controversial- I didn’t. There were days I absolutely gave up hope, and I let that be ok. I surrounded myself with people who held that hope for me when I couldn’t. I adopted the strategy of one day at a time. It became today I am doing x,y,z and I couldn’t think about tomorrow. It demanded a level of presence from me. I spent a lot of time doing somatic embodiment work. When the fears came up, I let them be there, and when the possibility came up I let that be there. But I wouldn’t say I kept hope at all. I kept going, and I guess maybe that’s the most primal kind of hope.

February 26, 2024
  • AmywTransplant Patient

Side note: I received liver/kidney on 9/29/2019 from University of Cincinnati.

February 26, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I made of list of people and things I wanted to live for and that gave me the strength to fight until I received my transplant. I had great support from family and friends and my medical team. I prayed everyday and still continue to pray for my health both physically and mentally. We will pray that you receive your gift soon. 💚💚💚

February 26, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I feel like I am really good at being positive. But there are some days when I am just so tired of being tired and I just don't want to fight anymore. Some days I would just lay in my bed feeling all hope was lost and I would cry. But it's the tiny things that pull me out of it. It's why I started taking so many photos. So when I am really in despair I will look at the places that I have been that made me the happiest. I always try to capture a feeling in the photos so I can go back to that. I figure if I am seeking something to help lift me up, I am not ready to give up. And that my light has not completely diminished. This life we have been given has so many ups and downs with complex emotions. Please reach out if you need anyone to talk to. Always here.

February 27, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

I was raised on a foundation of faith and that is where I was able to have Hope. The morning I received the phone call that I was going to receive my kidney, I saw a post from Tamera Mowry - Housley from Sister Sister. I made a screenshot of it, but I didn’t share it with anyone. When I came out of surgery, I posted it to announce my Transplant. I will attach it to this post. And I would just look up quotes of Hope to keep me inspired. And then through therapy and talking to people who supported me they always help me to focus on what is right and not so much what was wrong.

February 27, 2024
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

Thank you everyone. These are all very helpful. I have my tough days. and sometimes those tough days seem to stick around longer. but i continue to press on. I love this community.

February 27, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Yes I agree sometimes hope is all we have but we have to continue to be here for each other. TP is definitely a roller coaster ride💚💚💪

February 27, 2024

I have taking photos over the past nine years of dialysis and transplant. Although some of the images are difficult to look at, it reminds to stay focused and renews the spirit of hope’. I have used it as a journal. I have saved every card sent to me from people that encouraged me also.

There is a song called Don’t Give up and a few of the lyrics are Don’t give up on yourself. It’s too late in the hour, you got to keep moving and you got to keep pushing

February 27, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Ldybug97

I love #claimit! I think I’m going to type that and put it on my mirror so I can read it everyday. I’ve got some test coming up that makes me very nervous that something is wrong and I need positive vibes in my life. Couldn’t be more perfect timing to read this!! Thank you!!!

February 28, 2024
  • fern22Transplant Patient

My answer is going to be very similar. I lost hope many times. I allowed myself to be held in the darkness. I found sacredness in the grief and uncertainty. I was honest and vulnerable about my experiences but I knew they did not define me. I knew deep down I have strength and resilience but I wasn't going to gaslight myself out of my sorrow. I softened into it. I surrendered to what it was showing me and the depth of my being. The fragility of life. And I just kept swimming <3

February 28, 2024

@Deb I am so happy to hear the quote is going to help you. I love inspirational quotes. I will pray that your test come out with the best resolves. I’m sending vibes to you.

I will give you two of my favorite quoteS

” Living in a state of gratitude is the gateway to grace”

we wept you fought

We wondered you proved

We pray you overcame

I hope these have inspired you

February 28, 2024
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

@Ldybug97 these quotes are amazing. thank you!!

February 28, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi Deb, I am sending them your way always.. I am thinking and🙏🏻🙏🏻 for you. I am being sent to a hematologist. my TP team is concerned about my labs, I am nervous but staying positive and reading every ones post make me feel so 💪 strong and positive.

February 28, 2024

@Berriosa1234 I love quotes. As we are on this journey, I think the best quote is by Mya Angelo “ Your legacy is the lives you touch. .

Each of us has a story, and I know everyone has touched my life so we will forever be a part of each other’s legacy.

February 28, 2024