General — TransplantLyfe

General

Support Groups

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
February 29, 2024 in General

If we’ve talked, I’ve probably professed my love for support groups to you. Like I adore them. I get so excited every time, it’s like a big gathering of all my friends, and anyone who was there tonight can attest to the fact I literally get so hyped I forget what I’m saying.

if you’ve ever been nervous to try a support group, if you are hesitant and don’t know if they’re for you, consider this your invitation.

the overwhelming message I get in every one of these groups is that your humanness, your emotion, all of who you are is welcome.

we host these every second Tuesday and last Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm eastern and you can sign up on the support groups tab of the education page

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• TServoldTransplant Patient

I love the support groups. I (personally) struggle the stigma around the term "support group", I am certain that comes from growing up in the 80s/90s, but I love the community talk that happens in these groups. I love the fact that I hear other people who live with the same worries I do, or just the fact that I have other like - minded people who get it. They get what it feels like to live in the transplant world. There is no judgement, there are no questions about "Why" or "how did you let this..." Its all just supportive.

March 7, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

This is the first time I have been apart of a support group. I felt like I belonged here and I always look forward to the next one before the current one is ending. This forum was the missing piece to my puzzle.

March 7, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I am usually not a support group kind of person. But I LOVE our support groups. I always leave feeling so inspired by all the other transplant patients that I meet and learn so much. I always feel so much love. I really look forward to them. Thank you Alisha for being such a wonderful host!

March 10, 2024