General — TransplantLyfe

General

Emotions Wheel

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
Updated March 28, 2024 in General

Have you checked out our latest podcast episode? Myself and @coopscadoop talk about anxiety while waiting for a transplant. During the episode, Gabriel talks about how helpful an emotions wheel is. I attached it to this discussion so you all have access to it. Let me know what you think about the episode.

Here is the link: Blog — TransplantLyfe

Tagged:

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• TServoldTransplant Patient

Oh My Gosh! I love this. I found myself saying "YES" in my head so many times.

I also make lists! They give me actions to complete. I am not one to connect with my emotions (@Jeanmarie you also mentioned that you are not a person who cries and I am the same way) so I need actionable items to make me feel useful, purposeful, and fulfilled.

I thought for a long time before transplant that my anxiety was high blood pressure. I would get this overwhelming feeling, and I always associated it to my elevated BP. Come to find out it was anxiety and a trauma response from my body. My anxiety has changed now, just like @coopscadoop and I don't find myself in that overwhelming body shaking feeling, but an anxiety around this new life.

March 28, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Wonderful podcast. I’ve learned so much from everyone on Transplantlyfe I don’t feel so alone or so different now. I’m definitely on an emotional roller coaster like most of you. Happy and feel great one day, next day I sit cry over everything!!

March 29, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@TServold I knew you had to be a list person too! It's the only way I can keep my mind from always racing around.

@Deb I am so glad you found us and we can all help each other navigate through this journey together!

March 31, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

@Jeanmarie, thinking of you and also praying for you. Anxiety is natural seeing what you’re going through. I already have my transplant ( 6 months ago today ) and I still deal with anxiety and sometimes depression as well. The depression is a result of the episode of going through all one has to go through dealing with the Transplant ordeal. I’m amazed at you n others on this forum foo being so strong.

April 1, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@KevR Thank you! I am amazed at the strength and love we all express to each other every day on this forum. It is so helpful to not feel alone in this journey.

April 5, 2024