General — TransplantLyfe

General

Cellceft Side Effects

TheMacTransplant Patient
April 12, 2024 in General

I am still kinda new here and I don’t know how to search the forum for topics. Apologies in advance if this topic has been discussed. If there are other posts about this, point me in the direction?

liver team dropped my tac dose because of horrible kidney numbers (Creatine almost 3!) They started me on Cellceft, 500mg twice a day. Side effects are fierce. But I’ll get used to it like I did the tac. Or so I keep telling myself that…... If Anyone has experience navigating these side effects I’d love to hear about your journey.

peace❤️

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

If you go to the right side of your screen above where all the tags are there's a search bar. Also we have tags dedicated to medication and side effects, so there might be something in there that would be useful as well.

I was on cellcept for the first year and a half or so post transplant, but never with the intention to keep me on it long term. I've reacted really well to everything they put me on with minimal side effects, and I know how lucky I am because of that, but I do remember when I was on cellcept I had a lot of the digestive side effects people talk about. I had to do a lot of adjusting in my diet to try and mitigate some of that, which included a lot of softer foods, juices, smoothies...

Hopefully some other people will have some good suggestions!

April 12, 2024
  • TheMacTransplant Patient

Thank you so much! I will take a look.

❤️

April 12, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

TheMac, I to have had issues with my creatine levels due to the tacro, my team reduced my dosage and it seemed to get better, I am 3.5 yrs out and completing off celcept due to my wbc counts. The only thing I can tell you is it’s such a roller coaster w/ the meds for sure. My creatine is in the 2’s now which concerns me bc as you know our kidneys do not rebound like a liver. I hope this helps. 🤞🏻

April 12, 2024