Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

July 4th Discoveries

2018beanTransplant Patient
Updated August 4, 2021 in Kidney

Thankful and grateful to be here for another 4th of July, and my 58th birthday (on the 6th). 3 years post kidney tpx and I'm still making some new discoveries about myself : I do not enjoy fireworks like before. The sound startles me with each and every burst and I feel like I'm being electrocuted. Overly sensitive. I can not run around and have fun with kids like I want to. Neuropathy. Too much commotion sends me to my room to reset. Anxiety? I am not comfortable going out to eat yet. Germaphobe? Maybe it will just take time or maybe this is my new reality? Love to hear from others with similar stories or advice. TIA

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I found I've also become super sensitive to lights, sounds, sensory overload... I've just embraced it as who I am now. I try to avoid situations like that at all costs, and when I find myself in one I'm learning I can leave and don't owe anyone an explanation. My health comes first.

I'm so glad you are able to celebrate 3 years with your kidney, and may it continue getting better from here

July 12, 2021
  • 2018beanTransplant Patient

@AliEm14

Thanks For reminding me I can just leave the situation and don’t owe anyone an explanation. If they know me, they’ll understand.

July 12, 2021