Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

tips for lowering liver enzymes

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
Updated August 4, 2021 in Liver

I'm looking for natural ways to lower liver enzymes. (This is in conjunction with my medications and being followed closely by my liver transplant team. They are aware and we follow up to rule out possible causes).

I've been reading drinking coffee can help, which is already right up my alley. I've tried to up my veggie intake as well as exercise, drinking more water... Normal healthy lifestyle things. Just wondering if anybody else knew of anything that could help I can incorporate into my daily routine.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

@AliEm14 the best thing I've done is drinking water and eating a moderate diet over the long-term (aka no eating really healthy and then eating junk but just being balanced)

Also just any kind of activity each day. For me, its walking or yoga/stretching.

August 2, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I feel like water is my biggest struggle. I love coffee type drinks and will usually go for those over water. The last couple days I've been really putting in the effort to drink more (I'm trying that thing where you drink a whole glass of water as soon as you wake up and that seems to be helping)

How do you remind yourself to drink? Is there an app or a timer you use? Or are you just better at remembering than I am?

August 3, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I hate water. Haha. I’ve learned that I like drinking from a straw. I have a bottle that keeps my water cold and I fill it at night and put on my nightstand with my morning meds (I’m at the point where I don’t have to eat prior to taking my meds)

Water bottle just goes with me everywhere, but a straw is what really changed the game for me

August 4, 2021