Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Post transplant antibodies

Omtmuniz1Transplant Patient
Updated August 4, 2021 in Kidney

Hello everyone!

I am new to your forum. I got my kidney transplant 4 weeks ago! I am feeling amazing. I was super lucky since I was 95% antibodies before transplant and they found a diseased donor for me. My creatinine is .09 now and everything is good except they found antibodies they are currently giving me ivig and plasmaphoresis. I just wanted to know if any of you have gone through this and how are you right now also my native kidneys were still working before transplant and I had started dialysis 2 months prior to the surgery but I’m still spilling protein which I would think make sense since the old kidneys were doing that before. Has any one had an issue with this as well? Hopefully I get some answers from you guys.

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

Hi!

Last time I was hospitalized for potential rejection I also showed antibodies, and I've done both IVIG and plasmapheresis over the years. Both of those treatments have made a huge difference.

I am 16 years post liver transplant, with multiple rejection episodes and yet I'm still here!

Reach out if you need anything. Sending good thoughts. ❤️

August 2, 2021

1 - 2 of 2 Other Answers

• ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I am on the list for a kidney transplant but I had a heart transplant 17 years ago and I developed donor antibodies 7 years post transplant. I had to do IVIG and Plasmapheresis 3 times to get them under control. After that I went on for 10 years with no issues until I went back in to heart failure and my kidneys stopped working where I am relisted currently. But I am still here and still fighting!

August 10, 2021