Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Wellness toolbox

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
October 12, 2021 in Liver

My transplant team, along with their patient panel (including me!) came up with this website geared towards healthy diet and fitness. We’re just in the early launch stages and would love to hear your thoughts.

it was designed with liver transplant patients in mind, particularly cirrhosis and primary biliary cholangitis, but we tried to make it accessible to all patients living with transplant or chronic disease

you can find it at www.wellnesstoolbox.ca

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

Great idea! I’m loving what the website has so far. I will say for the nutrition part, people appreciate one or two weeks of meal plan ideas. I have learned in the past meal plans ideas helps get people started and become more successful.

October 12, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@ChefAmanda ooh I love that! I’m going to present that to our dieticians to add for the next phase of the website

October 13, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

Looks dope @AliEm14. What a cool project to be on!

October 13, 2021
  • KayleeTransplant Patient

Really like this so far and definitely agree more meal plans will be good - especially healthy snack ideas as that is what I struggled most with. Maybe snacks you can make in bulk and freeze to bring out and defrost when needed.

I’ve just had my transplant and wanting tips on post-transplant diet so maybe a future version of the site could also split into pre/post. Exercise pre and immediately after transplant is also vastly different too.

October 21, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Kaylee yes! Love these suggestions. Exercise is so different, and it changes depending how far post op you are as well. I love the idea of freezing snacks. I always find it it’s not something readily available I panic. I love mini yogurts, cheese strings, cut up fruit and veggies. Anything that makes it easy!

October 22, 2021