General — TransplantLyfe

General

Excuse my language F-COVID!

TServoldTransplant Patient
Updated January 19, 2022 in General

I've been silent on here for a while. Quietly observing in the background. Hello everyone.

This morning I got the call. Kidney/pancreas was available and in the OR for me. Pack my bag and get to the hospital. While in the car on my way the coordinator had to confirm I didn't have covid - but my 7 year old had brought it home from school earlier in the year. My entire family was positive on January 4. They had to cancel my opportunity for transplant today. I'm so angry at COVID. We tried so incredibly hard to keep it out of our home and it still made it in. While our symptoms were very mild that doesn't matter. I lost out on transplant today because of it.

Feeling crushed...

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• lescp3Care Partner

ARGH this is beyond frustrating and I am so so sorry to hear of this news.

January 20, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Oh no! I imagine my language would be a lot harsher than yours if that was my situation. You deserve to feel all the anger and rage and sadness you have inside. silver linings and positivity can come later. Always here for you, holding space and sending love

January 20, 2022
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

@JimGleason_TRIO , I was listed December 2020. So, not too long. It's true. This one was not the one for me. It was a good practice run and now bags are packed and ready to go for the next one.

January 20, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

Unbelievable, really sorry to hear.

January 20, 2022
  • That's a whole lot of BS to cancel it even after it had passed through your system entirely. As far as what I have read there should be no chance of transmission after that long so the fact that they canceled it seems quite out of place. I'm really sorry to hear this and I hope and pray that another opportunity will arise for you in the near future. Stay strong friend!

January 21, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@TServold so very sorry and I agree!!!

January 21, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@TServold - I'm so sorry to hear this. 😥 However, your turn will come - keep your bags packed & prepare to embark! Take care.

January 21, 2022
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Thank you, everyone for your encouragement and support. I haven't shared my story with many people yet and just knowing that someone gets it and understands helps so much.

January 24, 2022