General — TransplantLyfe

General

EVUSHELD (pre-exposure prophylaxis for preventing #COVID19 infection)

Sdey0522Expert
Transplant Patient
February 22, 2022 in General

How many of you have received EVUSHELD (pre-exposure prophylaxis for preventing #COVID19 infection)?

🌟 🌟 #EVUSHELD 🌟 🌟 

⚠️ ** Please keep in mind that not all hospitals/Transplant centers are equal (protocols) . ALSO, ALL #transplant candidates/patients/recipients/ are UNIQUE. Please be sure to check with your #Transplant team/Medical care providers **

Thank you!

1. EVUSHELD (pre-exposure prophylaxis for preventing #COVID19 infection)12 votes
    1. Yes, Heart Transplant candidate / recipient.
      16.67%
    2. Yes, Lung Transplant candidate / recipient
        8.33%
    3. Yes, Liver Transplant candidate / recipient
        8.33%
    4. Yes, Kidney Transplant candidate / recipient
      25.00%
    5. Yes, Other Transplant candidate / recipient
        8.33%
    6. Yes, Immunocompromised/ other risk factors / issues
        0.00%
    7. No. I have not received it.
      16.67%
    8. No, but it was offerred to me/ I know about it
        0.00%
    9. No. It was offerred, but I refused it.
        0.00%
    10. No. I don't know about 'EVUSHELD'
      16.67%
    11. I would like to learn more about it from an expert.
        0.00%

1 - 11 of 11 Replies

• staylor1225Transplant Patient

My doctor called and offered Evusheld to me. I had a kidney transplant on June 4, 2021. My EBV numbers went over 1million. I was tested and found I had lymphoma and PTLD. Have been going through clinical trial for the cancer since October. My doctor said I am high risk and that is why it was being offered to me. I got the injections last week. I just got bloodwork back today and the EBV is negative...I was literally crying good tears. I still will have to get PET scan in April to check on the lymphoma after treatment.

I will take anything I can get to avoid covid. It's unfortunate that there is only so many available to each hospital or clinic.

February 22, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’ve never heard about this! A quick google search is showing me it’s mainly a US thing (correct me if I’m wrong!) I’m curious to see what comes out of this

@staylor1225 thats amazing that you had such great results! I’ve dealt with long term EBV since my transplant and it’s a huge pain to deal with.

February 22, 2022
  • staylor1225Transplant Patient

My doctor decreased all my immunosuppressants in half and let my own system fight it off. It took 7 months, but it worked.

February 22, 2022
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I have never heard of this. I’m 18 years post transplant and currently listed for a heart and kidney. I had Covid in January 2022 and I was given the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion. I felt better about 10 days post infusion.

March 1, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I have antibodies from four shots of covid vaccine so I and not eligible.

below are the criteria for inclusion:

• moderate to severely compromised immune systems due to a medical condition or due to taking immunosuppressive medications or treatments and may not mount an adequate immune response to COVID-19 vaccination (examples of such medical conditions or treatments can be found in the fact sheet for health care providers) or;
    • a history of severe adverse reactions to a COVID-19 vaccine and/or component(s) of those vaccines, therefore vaccination with an available COVID-19 vaccine, according to the approved or authorized schedule, is not recommended.

March 2, 2022
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

I've had four doses of the vaccine, and am scheduled for Evusheld next week, and did test positive (on a positive/negative only test), and my team recommended it. I'm hoping that I can get the antibody test that actually shows the level of antibodies I have to help with the decision making process. Information is power.

March 2, 2022
  • Howanitz39Transplant Patient

Any one that is getting the shot make sure you get the high dosage that the FDA approved of because I got mine last month from my transplant team at the mayo clinic and the sent me a message saying I need to come back up this month because the FDA has approved a higher dosage I think what gets me upset is I was just there at the end of January and two days weeks later go back for this shot and then be told to come back up for another round. Please don't get get me wrong I will do anything I need to do but I am starting to feel like a pin cushion. I have not gotten my fourth covid shot yet I was told to wait eight months from when I got my fist shot of Evusheld . I have never found out about if I am making antibodies from my covid shot my team told me not to worry about it.

March 5, 2022
  • MJK15Transplant Patient

I received my two 300 mg injections of Evusheld a week ago. It was my local nephrologist, who contacted me about getting Evusheld and then had the Covid infusion clinic at a regional hospital contact me. My transplant nephrologist recommended Evusheld but I was told that the supplies were very limited there. So, I’m very thankful to my local nephrologist for her help in getting Evusheld. I did have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get to the clinic but it was worth it.

March 8, 2022
  • Sandwedge66Transplant Patient

I received my first shots in January after being selected by my Medical Center. I was informed that the original dosage waned in a shorter time than Astra-Zeneca first thought. My Transplant doctor requested a second round which I had in March. I recommend it.

April 13, 2022
  • PabloTransplant Patient

I am 3+ months post-kidney transplant. I received the 2 Evusheld shots today (Tixagevimab 300 mg/Cilgavimab 300 mg). My Doctor said all of his patients who are less than 1 year from transplant will be offered the medication. No side effect so far.

May 2, 2022
  • A_RayTransplant Patient

I, too received the Evusheld injections last week. No side effects so far. Going for my 4th jab this week of Moderna. Five years out from Kidney and liver xplant. Peace and blessings to all.

May 4, 2022