Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Social disparity webinar

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
Updated March 22, 2022 in Kidney

Are you ready for this?

I wrote an article last week where I just skimmed the surface of sexism in transplant healthcare. I, as a female, receive a different standard of care than a male. This would be different again if I was a person of color, if I didn’t orient as the sex I was born with. I’m a white female. While I have experienced sexism in healthcare, I am still immensely privileged. I also come from a multi-racial family, I live in a multicultural area primarily composed of those in low to middle class tax brackets, I have many friends who didn’t finish high school or attend college and this contributes to me being deeply aware of my privilege. I want to do better. We need to do better.

conversations like these are how we start doing better. Lyfebulb, in connection with CVS KidneyCare, is hosting a webinar this Thursday, the 24th, at 4pm EST, on social disparities within kidney care. Even if you aren’t in the kidney world, this is one of those things that should matter to all of us. The future of transplant healthcare is all of us. Our speakers are President of the American Association of Kidney Patients, Richard Knight, the former senior vice president and chief community health officer at worthwell health, former president and CEO of NYC health and hospitals and former cEO of Cook Country Health System in Chicago, Dr. Ram Raju, and Assistant Professor of Medicine at Columbia Dr. Syed A. Husain.

I really hope you’ll join us. Listen, learn, and then use whatever privilege you have (because in one way or another we all have it) to pass the mic and make a change. You can register on our webinars tab at the top or click the link: https://bit.ly/3CZMO6m

Tagged:

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• Saveddonna55Transplant Patient

Thanks for the info on the CVS kidney care webinar.

March 22, 2022
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I'm pretty excited to attend this webinar!

March 23, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

I missed this one! Is there a replay? Thanks!

April 4, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Shelbycreates on the webinar tab! If you scroll down to the bottom you can find links to the replays of all the webinars Lyfebulb has done

April 4, 2022