Lungs — TransplantLyfe

Lungs

Double lung transplant Question

McneilchelseyTransplant Patient
Updated May 20, 2021 in Lungs

Hi, how are you doing and coping post double lung transplant and covid? Are you isolating, staying home or anyone working out in the public during these times?

1 - 11 of 11 Replies

• Micheal_ThruFaithTransplant Patient

Hello, my name is Micheal Tunn and 12/13/2020 will make 5months since my double lung transplant. I am great and hope that you are doing well also. I am coping well, I will say that one of the hardest things to deal with is the uncertainty of when and if something could go wrong like rejection or infection and etc. I do still workout, I go on the some of the many Durham hiking trails to ensure social distancing. If I go out in the public then it’s usually for medication or groceries and I’m masked up and bathed in hand sanitizer lol. There is a small gym here at the apartment complex I’m at. I wipe down everything before and after use and be sure to sanitize and wear my mask. Only two people are allowed in the gym at a time so that helps also.

December 3, 2020
  • lescp3Care Partner

Wow Michael it is great that you can still access these hiking trails. So happy to hear you can get out in the fresh air in NC :)

December 9, 2020
  • [Deleted User]Transplant Patient
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    April 5, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Not lung but I’m 7 months post liver transplant and I stay home. I’m fortunate enough my husband works and provides enough that I can stay home and I’m in the beginning stages of launching my own business so I can stay home long term. When I do go out (to get groceries or for a quick trip. Because sometimes I need that for my sanity) I wear a mask (highly recommend Vogmasks. They filter air in and out - my husband and I both have one) and carry my own hand sanitizer which I use religiously

April 5, 2021
    April 5, 2021

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if any of you guys have received the Covid Vaccine and is so have you experienced any side effects.

April 5, 2021
    April 5, 2021

The 13th of this month will make 9months. I had my first dose of the phizer on the 30th. No side effects other than soreness.

April 5, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm just waiting on the call for my first shot. @Karin made a really great post about antibodies. It's something I'm going to be aware of when I get my shot. I don't know if you've looked into it but it's fascinating information

April 6, 2021
    April 6, 2021
  • Kimothy80Transplant Patient

I received my heart/double lung transplant almost 25 years ago (June 14, 1996). I received my first Pfizer vaccine March 6th and the second one March 27th. I was able to extend my WFH until July 15th--woo hoo! I've SLOWLY been venturing out, mainly going to the supermarket to get my weekly groceries and I went to Target yesterday to putts around (shouldn't have done that, spent too much 🤦‍♀️). I wear my mask the entire time I'm in the store.

May 10, 2021