General — TransplantLyfe

General

Fourth Dose of BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine

Sdey0522Expert
Transplant Patient
April 15, 2022 in General

METHODS

To evaluate the early effectiveness of a fourth dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine for the prevention of Covid-19–related outcomes, we analyzed data recorded by the largest health care organization in Israel from January 3 to February 18, 2022. We evaluated the relative effectiveness of a fourth vaccine dose as compared with that of a third dose given at least 4 months earlier among persons 60 years of age or older. We compared outcomes in persons who had received a fourth dose with those in persons who had not, individually matching persons from these two groups with respect to multiple sociodemographic and clinical variables. A sensitivity analysis was performed with the use of parametric Poisson regression.

CONCLUSIONS

A fourth dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine was effective in reducing the short-term risk of Covid-19–related outcomes among persons who had received a third dose at least 4 months earlier.

🌟 Note: The audience was NOT exclusive to #transplant candidates/patients/recipients.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• PabloTransplant Patient

I am 3 months after kidney transplant. My Transplant Team has recommended AGAINST my getting the 4th shot. They feel that the benefits ( which are short term) are outweighed by the potential negative effects, given how often my meds are being tweaked.

April 15, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Pablo my team also didn’t recommend the 4th shot. I’ve been following it closely in Canada and last I heard the statement was it shows no real benefit to transplant recipients. It wouldn’t hurt but it also doesn’t have any long term positive effects that would make it worth it for me. All things considered I haven’t chosen to get a 4th dose

April 15, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

i had my fourth dose in February….

April 15, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

had my 4th dose last week. this is the first dose that affected me physically. i'm also getting evusheld next week as well.

April 15, 2022
  • Mizzvi19Other

I got my 4th dose 7 months after the last one. My antibody #’s seemed to wane faster than they did with the third vaccine. I had absolutely no reaction to the last injection.

April 16, 2022
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I was part of Washington State's COVID research study, and had a lot of antibodies after 3 doses. Just got blood test before my 4th dose this week and antibodies had dropped significantly.

It was recommended by my transplant team, and they have a lottery system right now for Evusheld. Told me if I can find somewhere to get Evusheld to do it.

April 16, 2022
  • VegasrailsTransplant Patient

I'm 25 months since transplant, due to initial confusion. I have not received the COVID vaccination . But I am on the list to receive Evusheld.

April 21, 2022