Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Is it the humidity or medication making me get so hot and sweat all the time?

LARedden77Transplant Patient
August 9, 2022 in Kidney

I am in Tennessee, I had my kidney transplant two years ago july 1st. Before I had my transplant I was cold all the time, now that I have had it I sweat all the time, so much so that my hair is soaked underneath and I have sweat rolling down my back. Does anyone else experience this or is it just me and it’s hot and humid in Tn??? I HATE TO SWEAT 😓.

Tagged:

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

So funny - I never sweat but this past week has been awful! I can’t be outside due to the heat and how sweaty I get

August 9, 2022
  • PoisonRose21Transplant Patient

Hi LARedden77,

I'm just over a year post transplant and I like you was an icicle before my transplant. Ever since I've become a sweat-a-holic! I too am on Envarsus XR and the 5mg "maintenance" dose of Prednisone. My Transplant team said the same thing. Reminded me I'm not alone, but that doesn't help when I get uncomfortable almost daily. Even just sitting at home I get warm. I need a fan running day and night. I don't hardly use my warm winter sheets at all and I practically start to sweat just hanging around. Its worse when I go walking - I sweat under my mask, my chin, around my ears, neck, pits and back. Its horrible sometime I get soooo self-conscious that I leave since its noticeable after a very short while. :(

August 31, 2022

1 - 14 of 14 Other Answers

• StaceywrightTransplant Patient

I’m pre transplant, eGFR 18, so I’m not sure. But I’m wondering if it could be a side effect of one of your meds?

August 9, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@LARedden77 - most folks seem to be cold after transplant. But, then again we're all differrent. That said, in my case, the internal body thermostat was messed up, post-tx. I can get cold at the drop of a hat, even when it's not so cold indoors. As far as the heat - it's unbearable at present & I keep away from being outdoors on days like the ones we're having this week. As far as perspiration, I believe I used to sweat more before my transplant (Heart Tx, 7 + yrs ago).

I don't think I answered your question, except to indicate that all of us transactions recipients have similarities, but there's plenty of uniqueness.

Stay cool 😎 & hydrated - it's too hot!!

August 9, 2022
  • LARedden77Transplant Patient

Thanks! I keep saying it’s because I’m not anemic anymore. I just wanted to see what others thought. This is cool because I like to know how others feel going thru some of the same stuff!

August 9, 2022

staceywright that’s what I am wondering. I go back to Vanderbilt Monday for a follow up maybe my Dr will know.

August 9, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@LARedden77 - ALWAYS feel free to ask them about ANYTHING & EVERYTHING - nothing is too petty/silly/small etc.

Good luck!! Please do share their response with us on here. Thanks!

August 9, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I feel like I run warmer post transplant but I’m not sure if it’s actually warm or if it’s just because I was so cold all the time before. I don’t sweat usually, but if it’s warm outside I’m definitely not out because I’ll overheat. I also live in a place where it’s cold 9 months out of the year so that helps with that 😅

I did hear that depending what cocktail of drugs you’re on it can make you more prone to overheating

August 9, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@AliEm14 , I'm not sure if it's good or bad to be in a place where it's cold 9 out of 12 months of the year! I'd move out of that zone in a hurry.

August 9, 2022

So I am on my way home from Vanderbilt check…my Doctor said it’s probably from three things 1. It’s hot here in Tn., 2. The Envarsus and the prednisone can cause it and 3. I’m not anemic anymore. Just thought I’d share incase anyone was curious 😉

August 16, 2022
  • StaceywrightTransplant Patient

Good follow up! Prednisone, yeesh! That one is super tough. I took high doses a couple of years ago to try to slow my CKD progression and it was a nightmare (also didn’t work - I’m a couple months pre transplant now). Hopefully you are on a smaller dose with few side effects. I counted at one point and I had 27 side effects from the Prednisone. Sweating was one of them. Pretty sure my body was desperately trying to get that medicine out of there any way it could. Best wishes on conquering a cooler body temp! 💚

August 16, 2022

Thanks! It was a great Follow up. I’m on 5mg now and forever, had some weight gain with it but working on losing it, since my last check I’ve lost 10 lbs! I hope all goes well with you and you get your transplant soon! Thoughts and prayers 😊

August 16, 2022
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

I'm on 5mg for life too. I'm in Ohio, so we're not too far from each other. I'm usually not a sweater but I was running inside a gym today and the sweat was fierce! I'm also on envarsus. Congrats on the weight loss. 😊

August 16, 2022

PoisinRose21

Congrats on your year! Still totally there with ya girl, today at work I was dying of a heat stroke running back and forth at school. I’ve been doing my exercises in a pool while it’s hot, I use the Apple Watch water Fitness and try to get 30 mins+ in if I can. If you have access to a pool it helps with the heat and sweat! Glad I’m not alone being a Hot sweaty Mess! Have a great night!

August 31, 2022