Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Dating post-transplant - my thoughts, but how are you finding it?

englishgirlabroadTransplant Patient
September 30, 2022 in Liver

Dating post-transplant -

https://www.lucindaparkerroberts.com/dating-post-transplant/

Sorry - it wouldn't let me copy and paste the word document. :(

Tagged:

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I was already married when I had my transplant, but had copious other health issues when we were dating. Dating as a sick person wasn't something i thought about when I was dating, or pre-transplant, but I do think about it now. About the strain it takes on a relationship, and how I was just in survival mode. Everybody has their issues, I just like to think that mine were a little more upfront than anybody else. ;)

I like what you said about being ok on your own. Self acceptance has been far bigger to me than being accepted by anybody else. When I'm confident in who I am and what I bring to the table, that overflows into my relationships. Having a transplant is part of who I am, but it's not who I am. I have so much more to offer. Some people don't see that, but I don't really hold that against anyone. It's hard, absolutely, and just in a general sense not everyone is going to work with everyone. I've been with people that I love them and there are other things in their life that I can't work with.

Relationships are messy is all I can say

September 30, 2022