General — TransplantLyfe

General

Labs playlist

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
January 27, 2023 in General

This morning I had labs, and one of my favourite pre-lab rituals is car karaoke on the way to the hospital.

i was talking with @Sdey0522 in our first TL support group last night about my labs playlist, which gives me all the good vibes and puts me in a better headspace for morning labs, and I thought I’d share it with you in case any of you need a musical pick me up.

what’s on your hospital playlist? What songs would you add?

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Thank you!! I wanna check this out because I'm putting off scheduling labs. My hospital is making it so difficult to schedule right now! I love anything by Ingrid Michaelson, especially "Keep Breathing"

January 30, 2023
  • HRB52Transplant Patient

When they wheeled me into the OR, Queen was playing. I asked them if they had any Pink Floyd, so I was put under to Comfortably Numb. What a great start to a new life.

February 9, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love that! I have no idea if anything was playing in the OR during my surgery - I don't even remember being taken in! I do remember being taken into the OR for my most recent surgery - one of the residents and I were talking about Toronto, which is where he was from and where my liver came from for my transplant, and I remember making a comment about going through his Tinder matches 😅

February 9, 2023