Kidney/Pancreas — TransplantLyfe

Kidney/Pancreas

Relationships

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
December 15, 2020 in Kidney/Pancreas

Have you felt that it may be difficult for a spouse/partner to understand your special issues? For me that can manifest in not fully being able to communicate how worried I am about my future as a mother - or my energy levels as a wife - my energy may seem high to the outsider but w those closest to me - I need to be allowed to be tired and not always just give and be on. A very special person is required to accept and love that about me I believe

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• rimkmrOther

@Karin As someone with chronic health issues, I can completely relate. Somehow I've found the most understanding and accommodating partner--something I never take for granted (well, maybe sometimes!). I hope that everyone is lucky enough to have someone like him.

December 15, 2020
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@Karin I as well completely understand what you mean. My energy level varies day to day. I have an awesome partner who is very understanding. Sometimes they need to remind me to slow down and it’s okay to rest. Self care is so important.

December 15, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@ChefAmanda that is so good to hear / not sure everyone is that lucky and sometimes the lack of energy is not reflected in physical fatigue but a lack of emotions in my case - I just zone out!

December 23, 2020
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@Karin I am very blessed. But I can understand the emotional and mental fatigue as well.

December 23, 2020
  • rnelsenDonor

@Karin I donated a kidney to my now ex-girlfriend. Although we aren’t together any more, my follow through with the donation wouldn’t have changed even if we split up before I donated. My ex-girlfriend’s daughters need her in their lives for the long term. They don’t have a lot of other options for care if she wouldn’t have received a transplant. I’m not upset that I lost a kidney for maybe the wrong reason, because I helped more people as an end result. Sorry for changing the course of this thread. Just wanted to share.

April 21, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient
    April 21, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@rnelsen beautiful

April 22, 2022