Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

My Transplant Story | FSGS

CeloAffectOther
March 16, 2023 in Kidney

I was a Healthy boy all my life!

Unfortunately, I fell I’ll when I was 10 years old with a horrible strep throat that somehow effective my kidneys scarring them with a later diagnosis of FSGS (scarring of the kidney)

.. By the time I was 13 my kidney function was extremely low, at 9% doctors gave us the choice of either having a kidney transplant or Dialysis.

My mother was my hero and gifted me one of her kidneys.

August 30, 2000 was my surgery date. We went through the procedure, we thought that this whole nightmare was over and everything was going to be fine…

Then everything came tumbling down six months, post transplant.

My paediatric nephrologist gave us the news that the transplanted kidney was getting attacked by the original FSGS the same thing that destroyed my original kidneys.

About 6-7 months after our transplant surgery, the new kidney was now gone; soon after this happening I had the procedure to get a PD catheter placed in my belly to begin peritoneal dialysis treatment, which I did for three years.

And this is where the story begins…

CELOAFFECT

Tagged:

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Thank you for sharing your story! I look forward to hearing more. ❤️

March 16, 2023
  • Philipjones17Transplant Patient

@CeloAffect Thats crazy thats almost my exact story.. i got diagnosed at 4 years after a battle with strep and was diagnosed with poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis

March 18, 2023
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

@CeloAffect how are you doing now?

March 21, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@CeloAffect & @Philipjones17 - both WARRIORS! 💯 Keep on sharing your stories to inspire others & to raise awareness. 👍

March 22, 2023
  • Philipjones17Transplant Patient

Please tune in to our FSGS Conference this coming thursday at 4pm pst/7pm est

March 26, 2023
  • How are you doing? my daughter had immediate rejection upon receiving her transplant. Are you getting placed on the deceased donor list? Look into plasma apheresis treatments and LDL pheresis, to treat recurrence when you receive a new kidney.

August 26, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Thank you for sharing your story! How are you doing now?

August 30, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I had immediate rejection with my liver transplant as well, ended up receiving a second liver transplant a few days later. How is your daughter doing?

August 30, 2023