Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Fatigue

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
April 8, 2023 in Kidney

it is hard to explain the kind of fatigue kidney disease entails - I have never felt that way before - all consuming and draining - my eyes shut! I wonder if it is more than the anemia and also do to toxins? Anyone else felt tired when in kidney failure?

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

YES! The exhaustion was all-encompassing. The best way for me to think about it is that my body is using all her energy to keep me running and alive. So even though I'm a fast-paced, highly motivated person, the fatigue really had me re-evaluating how much love and compassion I could offer to myself during this challenging time.

I also like to think that I always have plenty of energy--it's just that sometimes my energy is being spent somewhere that it needs to go--like processing extra toxins in my body. It helps me to create more self-compassion for me. I'm so sorry you're going through this exhaustion. Sending love, hugs, and healing!

April 10, 2023
  • Howanitz39Transplant Patient

I went through a lot of fatigue before I had my transplant I would get up at 8:00 in the morning and then back to bed at 9:30. Before I knew that I had bad kidneys I was diagnosed as having anemia when I asked If that ment I needed to eat more stake and spinach or take iron pills my doctor said no that my body was not able to absorb the iron from food or pills and that I had to get iron infusion just like getting blood but it was just iron. I hope you feel better quickly. 💚🌻

April 10, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@Howanitz39 so true! When I was diagnosed, they almost gave me a blood transfusion on the spot because I was so anemic. Thankfully they were able to correct it with iron infusion and aranesp injections. For a while after my transplant, I could tell whenever I was anemic because I would feel so exhausted in my body, and then I’d get labs and it would confirm it. Bodies are so strange!

April 18, 2023