General — TransplantLyfe

General

Did you name your organs?

TServoldTransplant Patient
May 19, 2023 in General

I have never really been the person to make creative names for my things. I never named my vehicles, my stuffed bear as a kid was "Teddy", my dollies were "Baby". So, I didn't really come up with a plan to name my kidney and pancreas after Transplant. Several of my friends decided they needed names and now I have "Ken the kidney, and Patty the Pancreas".

What did you name your organs?

1 - 14 of 14 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I never did! I say she when talking about my new liver, but not a specific name. Sometimes I make jokes about her being a whale. When I had my first ultrasound (that I remember) post transplant, I was still on so many drugs I was convinced they’d transplanted a whale into me. For whatever reason the ultrasound looked like underwater and made whale sounds, I thought. It took a hot minute for doctors to convince me I didn’t actually have a marine mammal organ inside my body and it was indeed from a human

May 19, 2023
  • kidneywarriorTransplant Patient

I named my transplanted kidney Hercules because I had faith that we would perform many herculean tasks together. I had no idea how right I would be!

May 19, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

My is my donors name “Andy” when they sent me their first letter and they told me all about their son. I remember I was walking on a beautiful day and I said thank you so much Andy for my new liver. We talked a lot that day. Andy was very athletic and loved the outdoors.💚

May 19, 2023
  • kidneywarriorTransplant Patient

That’s a wonderful way to honor your donor, @Melsamm! 🤗

May 19, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient
    May 19, 2023

I love Hercules - what a great name @kidneywarrior ! I feel like organ transplant goes very well with Hercules. "his mortal part was consumed, and his divine part ascended to heaven, becoming a god."

May 19, 2023
    May 19, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

TServold Kidneysarrior,

Thank you, I like Hercules 💪 b/c it sounds strong.

May 19, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Yes @TServold ! My first kidney was Pisse Nisse (male) and my new one (one month old!) is croissant Lisa (named by my five year old daughter ) and my pancreas is Zeta (play on beta and catherine zeta Jones who was in Zorro at that time)

May 20, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

I took a poll with my Facebook friends and the name that won was “Kiseki” which means miracle in Japanese. We lived in Japan for 2 years and one of my daughters was born there. It was quite fitting, as I also had a sleepy kidney. After 7 weeks, my kidney finally woke up after surgery. ☺️

May 22, 2023
  • jillralkeeTransplant Patient

Omg!! I cannot wait to tell this story. You will not BELIEVE you named my kidney... HARRY STYLES!!!!!! My donor and I saw him in concert together last year and we are such huge fans. We had really good seats in the General Admission standing area and decided to make this sign, and during his show, he interacts with fans, looked at ours, and talked to us for 2 minutes!!! I am posting the link to part of the video, but if you look up "Harry Styles names a Kidney" you will find more videos online. He named it Julie!

Link to video --> https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClA-_l5DAuY/

May 22, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@jillralkee i love that! You have the best stories. I hope you share them all on your webinar this week 🥰

May 22, 2023

I love all these names, and I love that your daughter named your new kidney! How very fun, and special.

May 23, 2023

@Shelbycreates “Kiseki” is the perfect name! What a wonderful name, story, connection.

@jillralkee Okay, WHAT?!!?!? how super fun!

May 23, 2023