General — TransplantLyfe

General

Innovation challenge

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated May 28, 2021 in General

Hi everyone!

Lyfebulb and CSL Behring welcome all innovators in the transplant space to apply to our innovation challenge. This includes companies, organizations and foundations that work on improving the lives for those living w an organ transplant. For example, services to help with finances, technologies to help with connectivity or care, products that decrease side effects and devices that monitor key metrics. Also of course products or services that improve your mood and physical wellness. ANYTHING that makes us living w a transplant feel better in our physical or mental lives...

https://lyfebulb.com/innovation-challenges/challenges/lyfebulb-csl-innovation-challenge-draft/?vgo_ee=hHDiiVKvjTH1vrDdSL5iO4vy7T5YEJ8ohjC9vauJg30%3D

1 - 21 of 21 Replies

• LorrindaDTransplant Patient

What an amazing opportunity!

January 8, 2021
  • rimkmrOther

Looking forward to this!! Hope everyone is keeping their eyes and ears open for potential innovators to refer to this amazing opportunity.

To help give some context, an 'ideal' potential applicant could be a loved one of a transplant recipient, who after witnessing the financial/logistical difficulties of hospital parking, went on to create an innovation that assists others with affordable parking and spares families the headache of hospital validation.

Could be an app that uses geolocation to locate parking and offer affordable rates when booked in advance like SpotHero (https://spothero.com/).

January 11, 2021
  • iwelchOther

Hi Jim - I sent you an email with links to the application. Pls reach out if you need any help with the process! Good luck!

January 22, 2021
  • englishgirlabroadTransplant Patient

Do you need to have started the company or made a prototype to be considered? Can an idea with business plan and supporting evidence be submitted?

January 22, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Hi everyone! Who knows companies and people who work on make a difference for quality of life for pipes living w transplants? We need to find them and ask them to apply! This is a great opportunity for start ups and entrepreneurs to get funding, contacts and visibility!

January 25, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@englishgirlabroad You can apply w a concept and a business plan!!

January 25, 2021
  • englishgirlabroadTransplant Patient

Thanks Karin, what is the best - link or PDF to share in my transplant group and online please?

January 25, 2021
  • AvasheartTransplant Patient

Ava--transplant recipient---Founder and CEO of Ava's Heart

So excited to be apart of this group. We have been hoping for something like this that might bring us together to form a national organization. Ava's Heart provides no cost mandatory post transplant housing for all transplant patients and assists donor families with funds for cremation. Excited to be apart of this. avasheart.org

January 30, 2021

Thank you Jim. Funny I have been meaning to reach out to trio but the time just seems to move quicker than I can. So you had your transplant in 94---good for you. Would love to talk some time. If you have time give me a call. 3107796616. As you know without the donor there is no story. We also assist donor families in our area with cremation costs. there are too many mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers that can not afford to bury their loved ones. these heroes are not to be forgotten.

January 31, 2021

Wonderful --stay safe . from my new heart to yours, Ava

January 31, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

Ava I just read your story and I’m in tears. I am almost a year post liver transplant and I just told my husband I feel like I don’t exist anymore. When I got sick my husband had just gone on disability for a back injury. I lost my job and filed for disability as well. I got my own insurance and it paid wonderfully at first. Since surgery my premiums have gone up twice and my deductible is off the charts. I’m paying for my own meds too. It’s like oh you got your liver now you pay. The bills are overwhelming. It’s comforting to know you recognized these holes and are helping people. Bless You and bless your new heart. I wouldn’t change what I’ve been through at all it’s a blessing to get a new lease on life.

January 31, 2021

. All of us on this journey know how precious life is. Where do you live, maybe I can help.

January 31, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

I live in Virginia and had my transplant at VCU. I would appreciate any help at all.

January 31, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@avaschaef23 so impressed w what you are doing for others! I really hope to speak to you soon and to meet in Westport! @Deb i hear you - the costs are overwhelming and insurance does not cover enough / through platforms like this one we can get organized and start asking for better terms ...

January 31, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

Wonderful idea!!

February 1, 2021

I too am looking forward to a conversation. Westport for sure in August--my niece is getting married. From my new heart to yours, Ava

February 1, 2021

I have been hoping and dreaming for a miracle like you. I have been doing this for almost ten years and just trying to stay afloat is challenging. I have so much to share. I am grateful every day for the gift of life and that I have been able to watch my daughter grow into an amazing young woman. Blessed with good health and so much to do. having a house for transplant patients to recover at no cost is beyond amazing. need more. Tomorrow is a very exciting day. I have a family coming--

February 1, 2021
  • mikemTransplant Patient

I'm so excited for the innovation event. Can't to learn more about all of the applicants! I love that it's global.

February 1, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I wonder if we can find some innovators here on the platform??

February 10, 2021