Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

One Word

TServoldTransplant Patient
June 9, 2023 in Kidney

What is the one (or two) word(s) you would offer to someone who was active on the waitlist for a Kidney Transplant?

As a follow up to that, is there a quote or statement that resonates with you proving comfort, strength, or empowerment that you are willing to share?

Tagged:

1 - 18 of 18 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Hope

”take it one day at a time, but prepare for, and believe in a better future”

June 10, 2023
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

Patience.

“Have patience with all things but first of all with yourself.” ...

I know that can be difficult, As I wait for my second transplant, being patient is true and with myself it is key.

It

June 10, 2023
  • coopscadoopTransplant Patient

Delight.

Find it right here in your everyday life, it's in the small things all around you. Especially in the care you are giving yourself and getting from others.

June 11, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’ve been thinking about this and I think my answer would be feel your feelings.

there is a lot of grief and heaviness and joy and relief all mixed into one on the transplant journey, and there’s great power in just witnessing that without trying to change it and letting yourself be where you are and feel what you feel.

June 13, 2023
  • PabloTransplant Patient

It is worth the wait...

June 21, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Have Infinite Hope, stay positive & never give up.

June 22, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

Grace.

have grace with yourself and the process. honor where you are at each day. its a hard journey. dont be scared to ask for help, be gentle with yourself.

June 27, 2023
  • PoisonRose21Transplant Patient

Persistence

When waiting for a transplant and seeking a living donor, do anything and everything you can to get noticed. Create a FB Page/Group, post a small ad with any groups you are or were active in. Do a T-shirt and wear it proudly. If you are even slightly religious ask for prayers or even to be able to speak to your denomination about your needs. Talk in serious with your family and friends to spread the word and see if any of them are willing to be tested for a match. Put out a yard sign around your area, if you can afford it, or gather the funds, put up a bulletin board (it's been done) get bumper stickers made, etc. There is a lot of ways to get the word out!

July 6, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@PoisonRose21 agree!!

July 6, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’ve gone back and forth over this so many times. Honestly I think I would say it’s going to be hard! Like really really hard. And you can do hard things. Just because it’s hard doesn’t mean you’re doing it wrong.

July 7, 2023
  • KaseyBTransplant Patient

AliEm, I love this and it reminds me of something I copied from Instagram this morning. The woman who posted it has made a huge shift from being obese to very fit and trim. She asked us to choose our hard. TServold, maybe this is something to share?

Being obese is hard. Being fit is hard. Choose your hard.

Being broke is hard. Becoming wealthy is hard. Choose your hard.

Being stuck in discomfort is hard. Making positive changes is hard. Choose your hard.

Losing self respect is hard. Being disciplined is hard. Choose your hard.

Hurting is hard. Healing is hard. Choose your hard.

Being weak is hard. Lifting heavy weights is hard. Choose your hard.

Life will never be easy. It will always be hard. But we can choose our hard and change our lives.

July 7, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Yes @KaseyB!

i always say it’s not to risk or not to risk, it’s which risk. Which risk, which hard?

and it’s hard because it matters.

July 7, 2023
  • KaseyBTransplant Patient

Love this! SO true ❤️❤️

July 7, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@PoisonRose21 - agree, 💯!

The main thing is to get your story(plea) out there, and yes - there are so many ways to do it! 👍

One never knows who is watching, listening & may step forward. 💙♻️💚

July 7, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Compassion, commitment and resilience are words I use a lot…

July 8, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient
    July 8, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Perseverance. Hope. Love.

One of my favorite quotes is:

"You never know where life is going to take you. So everything I do, I just take it one day at a time, and it always leads you to the right place."

-Kyle Massey

July 29, 2023
  • KouimetCare Partner

I agree with hope and patience but I have to say that I often used "GRATITUDE". It's not one that many would use because how can you be grateful for being stuck on a machine and all the complications that come with it. However, I found that if I try to live each day focused on gratitude, it helped me switch my mindset and focus on good things.

September 18, 2023