Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Peer mentoring program

Berriosa1234Transplant Patient
June 25, 2023 in Kidney

Does anyone know of any peer mentoring program for kidney patients, both in transplant and dialysis patients and caregivers?

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I don’t but I definitely think there should be one for transplant! My hospital matches patients with mentors through their centre, but i feel like there are limitations when it comes to that. When I was younger I was part of a North American chronic illness teen mentoring program, which was incredible. My mentor had such great insight, even though we didn’t have the exact same experiences, and she and I are still friends to this day.

i wish something like that had been available to me immediately post transplant

June 26, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

Hi! I am creating a mentorship program for transplant patients! It will be 1:1 mentorship and/ or group/peer mentorship. I havent quite launched this on socials yet but it is absolutely in the works. I believe these support groups and forums are great but I am also hoping to take it a level deeper with true connection and mentorship for interpersonal struggles and so forth.

June 27, 2023
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

This is great. I am excited to hear how this works out. Please keep me in the loop

June 27, 2023
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

This is great. I am excited to hear how this works out. Please keep me in the loop

June 27, 2023