General — TransplantLyfe

General

Transplant Anniversary Rituals

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
August 14, 2023 in General

@TServold and I both have transplant anniversaries today! Today marks her first anniversary (I believe) and it's the 3 year anniversary from my first transplant.

We were talking about anniversaries, and all the emotions that can surround these days, and I was reminded of a practice a friend of mine and I came up with when we were creating patient support rituals. The idea behind it is that everyone in a patient's support circle draws a heart on their hand on a special day to create a visible display of love and support. Taryn and I decided this is something we both wanted to do to mark our anniversaries, and I thought I'd extend the offer to the entire transplant community.

If you want to draw a heart on your hand today to show support and solidarity with Taryn and I, and the transplant community as a whole, please do so! You can snap a photo and attach it here so we can all see. I feel like this is such a simple and beautiful way to stand with one another and show our support on these days that can be challenging

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• TServoldTransplant Patient

Happy Anniversary, @AliEm14 ! I wore my heart in my hand all day. It was empowering and beautiful.

I have a picture but I can't seem to attach it. Will keep working on that.

August 15, 2023
    August 15, 2023
    August 15, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Happy Happiest anniversary to u both, such a beautiful day❤️💚💙 I wish you many many more..

ILOVE love your t shirt

August 15, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Happy Anniversary to you both!! What a great day to celebrate!! I’m drawing my heart now!! ❤️

Ok I’m not an artist but it’s a heart!

August 15, 2023

I could not find a red pen so I improvised ❤️

Anniversary are GREAT HAPPY times for TP people 💚

August 15, 2023

LOVING all the hearts in your hands. I will gladly wear a heart in my hand for all anniversaries. #transplantstrong @AliEm14 this was such a great idea!

@Melsamm , my best friend got me this shirt after my surgery. My sister made me one that says "Contains Recycled Parts", and a coworker got me one that says "Straight out of transplant surgery" she also had brain surgery a month prior to my transplant so we had matching "straight out of" tshirts. Hers brain surgery, mine transplant surgery.

August 17, 2023

TServold, I will do the same my 3yr. Is coming up in October ❤️

Transplantstrong💪 for always and always. 😊💚

August 18, 2023