Kidney/Pancreas — TransplantLyfe

Kidney/Pancreas

1 year postop

TServoldTransplant Patient
August 18, 2023 in Kidney/Pancreas

Today was my 1 year post op. My Creatinine was a little higher than it has been previously. (Which has been very stable) I was disappointed to see that. I also suspect I am very dehydrated after a very busy week at work where I know I was not drinking enough water. I'll recheck labs next week to see if things improve. Fingers crossed.

Picture from my car in the parking lot. 😁#bebadasseverysingleday #containsrecycledparts

1 - 11 of 11 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Congrats and please know that crea is so very variable! I am so focused on it too but I try to remind myself that it rises for various reasons and not only to kidney issues!!

August 20, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@TServold : @Karin is right. I always start to panic whenever I see it just a little increase. Then I get super stressed which isn't good either. I had a doctor tell me never to look at one test. Look at 3 tests and see if there is a pattern. That helps keep the anxiety level slightly lower.

August 21, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

Congratulations! I am also trying to focus on making sure i am hydrated every day. I tend to stress over test results.

August 25, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I have had 2 sets of repeat labs and they have both been back to where I think they should be. "back to normal", I call it. Thankfully! I was so stressed out about it.

August 30, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

So happy @TServold !

August 31, 2023
  • coopscadoopTransplant Patient

Congrats, @TServold! How does it feel at 1 year out?

September 5, 2023

1 year is incredible. They say that the first year can be the hardest and (knock on wood) I felt like it went pretty easy. I had a little bit of a rough go in my first two months, but was easily managed. I feel so healthy now, and such relief that things are the way they want them to be. Sometimes, for a brief moment, I forget that I am a transplant patient of two organs.

September 5, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

WOW! Congratulations on one year! How does it feel? What emotions are coming up for you?

September 5, 2023

Thanks! One year felt like an achievement, but also, like just the beginning. On the day of my transplant I felt proud, strong, bold and also incredibly empathetic towards my donor's family. I carry them in my thoughts everyday, but on that day especially I found myself thinking of them often. That entire week, really. At my one-year post op when I walked into the hospital I paused for just a minute and put my fingers on the sign indicating the floor where the operating rooms are knowing that was where my magic happened, but also that in an operating room is where my donors life ended and legacy began.

September 6, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

This is such a beautiful perspective. Thank you for sharing. There are so many emotions and experiences intertwined with transplant life and the rituals of our anniversaries.

September 7, 2023
  • coopscadoopTransplant Patient
    September 9, 2023