General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

What are some of the little things you appreciate in life post transplant?

JayTransplant Patient
Updated September 26, 2023 in General

I appreciate being able to take a walk and feel the air without feeling dizzy anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I am happy to not feel cold and tired all the time

September 26, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

@Karin yes it is wonderful to have fantastic energy again.

September 26, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

sunshine on my face ,flower’s walking for exercise again just loving life πŸ˜ŠπŸ’šπŸ‚ ❀️❀️🌻🐾 my rescue pup to.

September 26, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

Being able to enjoy the sights and sounds of fall and feel like going to the events that come with fall and the holidays!! It’s my favorite time of the year! πŸπŸπŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸ¦ƒ

September 26, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

@Melsamm I love what you said ….can’t forget the flowers. Thank you for your beautiful words. Great people on this platform!

September 26, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

@Deb there IS something about the Fall…just the coziness as the delights of Summer drift into the cool air leading into the promise of the holidays to come. God bless you all.

September 26, 2023

You to Jay, fall is my favorite time of year to. I miss my Dad so much this time of year he loved it, so different w/o him🍁🍁 I have all my pumpkins flowers scarecrows out to enjoy.

HAPPY FALL stay safe and healthy everyone πŸ’šπŸŒ»πŸ‚

September 26, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

@jay You really have a way with words. Seems like Fall is a favorite season for many of us. May God Bless you too!!

September 26, 2023
  • YovanniTransplant Patient

Being able to drink water without limitation and having the day off after work also not worrying about my heart palpitations all the time.

September 27, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Hugging my nieces and nephews πŸ’— And watching all the sunsets that I possibly can.

September 28, 2023
  • ole_ball_coachTransplant Patient

All of the above; Family, Fall, unlimited liquids (non-alcoholic), not freezing and HS football on cool Friday nights w/o any pressure. Thank you for this forum and may God bless you, your family and the families of our donors.

September 29, 2023
  • coopscadoopTransplant Patient

In addition to the deep physical appreciation you've all mentioned, the freedom from omnipresent monitoring and managing my organ functions externally. The organ does it so much better and seamlessly!

October 4, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

@Yovanni yes indeed not having those strict fluid/water restrictions is such an amazing thing now … they want us to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate … almost four years post transplant I am just starting to feel more comfortable drinking without hesitating too much !

October 4, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

@Jeanmarie I’m glad you responded about sunsets….makes me want to see them …not sure why I am not doing more things like that

October 4, 2023
  • JayTransplant Patient

@coopscadoop I love your response about how our new organs manage things so seamlessly. I never really thought about it quite in that way … appreciate you all on this platform …

October 4, 2023

Hi, me either, it is absolutely amazing how a total stranger can save our livesπŸ’šπŸ˜ŠπŸ

October 4, 2023
  • fern22Transplant Patient

Sun on my skin, running with my dog, traveling, being able to say Yes to more things I enjoy, watching the seasons change, my toes in the sand, hugs... the list goes on. I practice gratitude every day. I love fresh air. I love clean sheets. I love a warm bath or shower. I love to see the kiddos smile and laugh.

October 15, 2023