Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Cmv

YovanniTransplant Patient
October 17, 2023 in Kidney

Hi, im about 8 months post transplant just found out im positive for cmv 650 units. Has anyone else dealt with this virus, if so can you tell me how it was with symptons, meds and complications.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

ugh, yes! I had it a few months after transplant (I don't remember how long), got rid of it, now it's back. It feels like the never ending spiral! I've been really lucky that I've never been very symptomatic (knock on wood!). They adjusted my immunosuppression to try and combat it, and then personally I've upped things like lymphatic release, massages, water intake, cold showers... just as ways of supporting my body. Best of luck to you!

October 17, 2023
  • YovanniTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 this was a surprise to me, staying positive and not worrying is getting easier for me todo, someone told me is important for my health not to worry and stress about things i can't control.

One question has cmv affected anything else in your labs.

October 17, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Yovanni that’s great advice! I stick with if my doctors tell me to worry about it, I will. Until then, I’ll trust that it’s under control. All I can do is support my body in whatever way I can (diet, exercise…)

it hasn’t affected my labs at all. I probably wouldn’t have even known I had it, both times, if they hadn’t been continuously testing me for it. I don’t know if that’s always the case, or if that’s organ dependent (I’m liver) but I haven’t had any issues.

October 17, 2023