Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Yummy Food

TServoldTransplant Patient
October 19, 2023 in Kidney

I love to cook. When I was told I needed to follow a strict CKD diet I had a hard time knowing what to cook. I have lived with dietary rules my whole life. Between Type 1 Diabetes, and Celiac Disease which I learned to manage. It felt overwhelming when I had to eat low potassium, low phosphorus, low sodium (I already did this), low protein, etc. This forum had some great suggestions, and of course online I found a lot of recipes I enjoy making. Even after transplant I still follow a pretty strict diet to protect my kidney as much as possible. Recently I found the American Kidney Fund (through users of TransplantLyfe) and I found all these fall recipes that looks so yummy!

https://kitchen.kidneyfund.org/find-recipes/?_collection=fall-favorites

What are some of your favorite fall kidney safe recipes?

Tagged:

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I grew up on a really restrictive diet because of my genetic illness (no sugars natural or processed, no lactose, no fructose, limited carbs) and am now on a low residue diet due to my digestive issues. It's required us to get really creative, as most store bought, easy items aren't accessible to me. Being primarily tube fed growing up, I developed a really weird relationship with food, so I'm very lucky that my husband loves to cook and keep me stocked up on things I can actually eat.

One of my current seasonal faves is our take on pumpkin spice muffins. I also have learned to make a really good protein pumpkin latte.

October 19, 2023