General — TransplantLyfe

General

Prednisone withdrawl?

coopscadoopTransplant Patient
November 3, 2023 in General

Has anybody gone through withdrawal of prednisone? What were your symptoms and how long did they last?

I'm going off after 2 years of 5mg.

Tagged:

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I had flu-like symptoms. That would be the best way to describe it. Body aches, headache, fatigue. I even had it when the doctor changed my dose from 5 mg to 2.5 mg.

November 6, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I had terrible fatigue, HA and just felt extremely tired jittery , mine probably lasted a couple of weeks from what I can remember I was on 5mg and then started tapering me down, I have been off my i year this month 😊

November 6, 2023

1 - 5 of 5 Other Answers

• coopscadoopTransplant Patient

@Jeanmarie and @Melsamm That is incredibly helpful to hear! It is very unsettling to know if it is flu/COVID/organ rejection, or just simply withdrawal because the symptoms overlap :/

November 7, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Coop, you r welcome, I like that we all have been thru this incredible TP journey and can help each other out..💚🍁

November 7, 2023
  • Kidneyguy81Transplant Patient

My nephologist at the time slowly took me off all my immunosuppressants including the infamous prednisone LOL. I experienced a lot of fatigue but that only lasted for about 2 weeks. The main one was restless legs, that was the worst. My restless legs forced me to end treatments early sometimes. With the help from nurses and my Dr I learned to overcome it. prednisone was a tough one. I'm glad I'm only on 5mg once a day.

November 7, 2023