General — TransplantLyfe

General

Do you suffer from nausea?

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
November 29, 2023 in General

We have a seminar on Friday about nausea and vomiting as well as other GI symptoms- please check it out! It is featured as a cancer issue but many of our drugs are similar so those side effects often affect us too!

For my first kidney I had plenty of symptoms getting used to the drugs and then on dialysis and in esrd it was awful. One time I thought I was never going to stop throwing up each morning and it ended up being a dental abscess!

The point is that there are many reasons for nausea and we might be able to address some of them by sharing experiences.

1 - 8 of 8 Other Answers

• TServoldTransplant Patient

I just registered to attend this! Here is the link for anyone else who might need it! https://www.cancerlyfe.com/webinars

November 29, 2023
  • coopscadoopTransplant Patient

So looking forward to this. Thank you for the link @TServold. Do you know if it is 9am PST or EST?

November 29, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@coopscadoop I believe it's 9pst, 10mt and 12est. time zones are confusing so I'd double check that, but all the correct info will be on the webinar registration page that's linked above :)

November 29, 2023
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Yes @AliEm14 is correct with the times. So @coopscadoop I believe you are in PST, and it corrected to your time zone when you clicked the link to register.

November 30, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Thanks @Karin , @TServold & @AliEm14 - I too am registered for this one! As transplant recipients, on immunosuppressive meds, many of us are compelled to deal with Digestive Issues. Looking forward!

November 30, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Can’t wait to learn more - we need both the science behind it and the hacks to get us through!

November 30, 2023
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I wanted to share a cool tip I learned in connection to this! I was in the hospital yesterday and my nurse said low running oxygen and an alcohol swab under the nasal prongs. We tried it, because I was really nauseous and it worked. She said while we might not have access to oxygen at home, an alcohol swab (pure alcohol, not clorahexadine) and air blowing in my face might have a similar effect. Thought I’d pass that along if it could help anyone else. It smells terrible but it worked!

December 1, 2023
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Thank you @AliEm14 !!

December 3, 2023