General — TransplantLyfe

General

Transplant Surgical Notes

ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient
December 13, 2023 in General

Hi everyone,

I've got a quick question. I'm curious about the details of my transplant surgery from 2018. When I came out of anesthesia, the doctor's first question to me was "Do you always have such abnormally low blood pressure?" He didn't elaborate too much, but I do wonder exactly what happened during my surgery. I downloaded my medical record today and there is information about my stay during my transplant, but no notes about the actual surgery. I'm wondering if I can have access to the scientific notes? Or is it confidential because I had a deceased donor kidney?

Has anyone else read their surgical notes before?

Thanks!

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Hi! I think you have to request them special in the records department. They are called operation or operative notes. Something like that. I needed them for another surgeon and I remembered they weren't something that were easily accessible. Every hospital might be different though. I hope that helps.

December 13, 2023

1 - 4 of 4 Other Answers

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Thanks @Jeanmarie ☺️

December 14, 2023
  • DebTransplant Patient

I remember seeing some notes on my surgery when viewing My Chart and I began to read them. I didn’t finish and when I went back they were gone. I too would like to know more about my surgery and I still want to know more about my donor. Good luck finding out more.

December 14, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I would be interested in mine to.

December 14, 2023