Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Ordinary Angels

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
Updated February 14, 2024 in Liver

Ordinary Angels is a movie that will be in theaters February 23, 2024. This is the description of the movie. Hilary Swank is the main character. On donate life Instagram page. You will see her speaking about her connection with transplantation. Her dad received a lifesaving Transplant. I Just wanted to share.

A struggling hairdresser finds a renewed sense of purpose when she meets a widowed father working hard to care for his two daughters. With his youngest critically ill and waiting for a liver transplant, the fierce woman single-handedly rallies an entire community to help.

Tagged:

1 - 14 of 14 Replies

• dlatchisonTransplant Patient

Wow. Thanks for sharing @Ldybug97! Do you know of any other films that feature transplants?

February 14, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@dlatchison The only other one I remember seeing is Once Upon A Christmas Miracle…. I don’t think I really ever paid attention until I was in need. I often come across it now that I have had one but don’t remember all the names

February 14, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

This sounds amazing! thanks for sharing @Ldybug97 - I can't wait to go see it

@dlatchison the god committee came out in 2021, which is a really interesting take on transplantation, research and xenotransplants. I've seen a few others with transplants in the storyline, but a lot of them utilize the glamourized Hollywood version of transplant. We did a webinar a while back with someone where we talked about the need for new transplant storylines in Hollywood - you can find it under our past webinars under the education tab I believe

February 14, 2024

@AliEm14 You’re Welcome

February 14, 2024
  • dlatchisonTransplant Patient

Thanks, @AliEm14!

February 14, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Wow! This looks awesome! Thank you for posting!

February 17, 2024

@Jeanmarie I am excited to see it

February 17, 2024
  • ShakeyjakeTransplant Patient

There's a "what not to do." portion in the SHAMELESS series, dealing with Frank and his transplant.

February 19, 2024
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

Thank you @Ldybug97 This true life story takes place in my home state of Kentucky. had the chance to briefly meet the family at my local kidney walk back in the fall of 2023. Great family. Looking forward to seeing the movie.

February 19, 2024

@Berriosa1234 Thst awesome you were able to meet the family. I can’t wait to see the movie

February 19, 2024

Anyone who watches The View, Hilary Swank will be on today talking about the movie.

February 20, 2024
  • TheMacTransplant Patient

Hi there, weighing late. I believe we need more stories in every community about transplant. I am writing about my journey and in my searches for other books, I found only two books about actual paitient transplant. I was incredibly surprised to find only one TED Talk with a recipient. A Hollywood movie would bring so much need public awareness and de bunk the Myths. I was appalled by an episode on the TV series Hope. A woman rushes into the ER, needs a transplant and gets one the next. So unrealistic and the general public don’t understand about the need. Thanks so much for sharing.

March 22, 2024

@TheMac A response is never late. I agree with you that a Hollywood movie would help dismiss the myths and learn about the reality of someone’s journey. They do so many reality shows and it would be nice if they cut spotlight show showing the journeys people have in order for others to understand better. I was talking to my therapist the other day and she’s says I think it’s time for you to write a book. think you should write your book. I would love to know other stories of transplant journey.

March 22, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Did anyone see this? How was the experience watching it? What were your takeaways?

March 27, 2024