General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

Donate Life Rocks

Jdboogy53Transplant Patient
Updated March 27, 2024 in General

Hey all! If you haven’t already please join the Facebook Group Donate Life Rock Painting for Awareness.

Simple, you find rocks, you paint them whatever, you write whatever, you can use stickers, etc and than you place them out in the public to be found and replaced to raise awareness to organ donation.

Above is my first bunch with made with my family.

Also for next month, in US National Donate Life Month, April 11th is Create Donate Life Rock Day.

1 - 15 of 15 Replies

• MaryRTransplant Patient

I love this. My donor did this rock & sent to me 3 mos after transplant. She & her kids have been painting uplifting message rocks & placing them around on their walks for years. This one is almost 9 yrs old. Such a beautiful coincidence that is heart shaped. I truly love it and keep it in view all the time.

March 28, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

MaryR what a beautiful jester. I absolutely love this. Next month is a very special month for donors and their families πŸ’šπŸ’™ I always get in contact with my donor family and honor my donor every April.

March 28, 2024
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Thanks for sharing about the #DonateLife rock painting group, @Jdboogy53

By the way, as @Jdboogy53 mentioned: in the πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ, during April, #DonateLife month - April 11th is designated to Rock Painting.

Here's the link to visit/join:

March 28, 2024
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Jdboogy53 , @MaryR when attaching images, it's best to use the image/media icon at the bottom (inside the message box). If it's a link you'd like to posy, please use the link icon,

< >. If it's some sort of attachment/document that you're trying to send - please use the paper clip icon.

Thank you!

March 28, 2024
  • MaryRTransplant Patient

Ah ha. Thanks will do in the future.

March 28, 2024
  • Jdboogy53Transplant Patient

@Sdey0522 I did use the image icon - should I use the clip image next time?

March 28, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I follow Donate Life Rock Painting also and it really great! Some friends and I have started to paint them to take with us as we travel this summer. I do some in honor of my donor and some for my God Son who was a donor and lost his life in 2021in a motorcycle wreck and some just to remind people to be a donor. Check out their site on Facebook. I’m not very talented but I really enjoy spreading the word in such a fun way!!

March 28, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Would love to have this fb group join us here!!

Sam - can we invite them???

I fear fb and feel safer here among my peers...

March 28, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I agree, Karin! I would love to see anyone from that group join us here. I fear that there are a lot of "bots" in the FB world, and I love to make connections here in a safe space. I would also love to see the creative rocks people are making!

April 2, 2024

πŸ‘Agree with this ti

April 2, 2024
  • InkaTransplant Patient

This is such a cool idea. Love it!!! I'll see if I can motivate my son to color a few stones with me. I'll share them once we did.

April 2, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

This is so fun! I will be doing it this year. I have a walking path I walk every morning. I have seen painted rocks there before. I will probably leave them along the path. 😊

April 5, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Here are my Donate Life rocks. I am definitely not an artist πŸ˜†

April 12, 2024

πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ‘

April 12, 2024
  • KouimetCare Partner

Two of my children are transplant recipients. My oldest is 21 and my youngest is 13. I have grandchildren from my older step children. We recently took two of our grandsons out for "an adventure" which was just a walk through the neighborhood. They are 5 and 6 years old. We were celebrating the 2 year transplant anniversary for both of my kids (they each received a kidney transplant less than 24 hours apart). My grandsons were asking questions about it so we told them about our journey and my kids showed them the scars. We decided to collect rocks that were in the shape of the organs that are in your body that could be transplanted. We took the rocks back to their house and I took some photos of them. We painted them to look more like the organs that were in a book we found (cartoon, not realistic). I was unable to photograph the painted rocks, but I will post the rocks when we first collected them. It was a fun way to educate them and share something that I think they will always remember.

(I’m having difficulties uploading the photos I will keep trying)

April 22, 2024