General — TransplantLyfe

General

Happy Easter

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
April 1, 2024 in General

i have been reflecting much about rebirth and organ transplant today - are we deserving of this new chance, do we do enough to thank our donors and do we do enough with this new life we have been given??

Tagged:

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• MaryRTransplant Patient

Thank you, Karin. A great time to remember the blessing we have been given.

April 1, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi Karin, Thank you, I am so grateful for my second chance, I have tried to make a difference, my purpose in life definitely changed. I thank my donor and family always. April is when I reach out to the family so far each time I do they are so appreciative to hear from me. I was recently was dx. with AML and have started chemo. I have decided that I am not going to share this with them at this time. I am 🙏🏻 I will get thru this new journey to.

HAPPY DONATE LIFE and Especially to our Donor, Donor Families.💚💚💚🌼

April 1, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love the narrative of rebirth. The imagery of death into life is one I find in almost all of nature, and the fact that my body gets to mirror these cycles, and I get to step into a greater embodied understanding of this through transplantation makes me really happy. Seeing these stories of rebirth, watching as they unfold in the natural world around me, has helped me find a lot of peace in understanding my story.

I don't often think of my transplant in terms of am I deserving, am I doing enough... And reading this I started to wonder why that is because I can't recall ever thinking that way, even in my early stages of transplant. I'm deserving because I'm a person, I'm part of nature and this is what nature does. I think a lot of that thinking has come from being so immersed in mythology and ecology, and being able to pull from all these narratives when it came time to determine my transplant narrative for myself.

April 1, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

I’m not only thankful for my donor but also for the people that have logged in thousands of hours learning and then performing transplants. And we are the beneficiaries of that hard work and genuine human love.

April 1, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

April is Donate Life month, another great time to think of our donors. Each day is a celebration of our renewed life. Easter is a time for reflection and think about the gifts we’ve received and those who have medically been with us so we can continue to grow spiritually as well as physically. Happy April

April 2, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I think of this often. What am I doing with my new chance at life? Am I honoring the individual who lost theirs? Am I achieving enough, doing enough, making enough of a difference with this new chance? Every time I am feeling frustrated, or angry, or even like I need some rest this becomes an internal struggle for me. I want to be known for the good, not for the person who was too "tired" to do anything, I want it to be known that I had a passion for making things better in the diabetes space, and also the transplant space. Am I doing that, how can I do better... So many things to reflect on.

I also have always lived by "Diabetes is a part of me, but does not define me", and I want my transplant to be the same. It's a MAJOR part of me, but its not JUST me. I have many other great qualities. (or, most days I think I do)

April 2, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@KevR I agree so very much with you / our Drs and nurses are heroes and in my eyes so much more worthy of idolizing than pop stars!!

April 4, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@TServold very true - I have similar feelings and contrasting thoughts - to honor and work hard because of the gift and yet live without always being grateful and never being able to be “human”

April 4, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I think about this almost daily. Am I even doing enough with my life to deserve this second chance? Now that I am on the list for a second kidney the thought of a third chance at life, is really weighing on me. Who am I to even deserve to keep living? So I started to become really stressed about if I am making the most of my gift. Should it go to someone who hasn't had a second chance yet? The other side to all this, is I am deserving and I will continue to try to help others and be a positive light to everyone I meet.

April 5, 2024