Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Transplant Process through Mayo Health Systems

DeAnna_SDonor
Updated March 24, 2021 in Kidney

Has anyone on here gone through the transplant process via Mayo Health Centers? Both my recipient (I am the donor) and I are very frustrated by the lack of communication and seeming lack of care. Is this normal? Should we start considering another donation center?

Tagged:

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I did not go through Mayo Health Centers. I always say, you need to be your own advocate. I know Covid has put a strain on the whole health care system. I would first try reaching out to a coordinator or point of contact and tell them about how frustrated you both are about process. I would keep calling until I talked to someone. And if then you do not receive the care you deserve, I would definitly look into other options. They will be in your lives a very long time, so need to make sure they are all on the same page.

March 26, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

So very sorry! I had my pancreas at the university of Minnesota where they had done more than a 1000 so they are true experts but have no clue re Mayo.... try to switch coordinators??

March 27, 2021
  • bhameisterTransplant Patient

I went through Mayo Clinic (Rochester) post transplant for weekly lab draws. I would try calling and see if you can get answers. I would think Covid would have to be a factor because I know a fee people that went through Mayo for their transplant. Don’t lose hope. Advocate for you and don’t lose hope!

March 28, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I got my transplant during Covid which made communication so much harder. Definitely ask to sit down with a coordinator - that’s their job. And despite the extra business right now you deserve to have your questions answered and feel safe

March 30, 2021