Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Paired donor needed.

Morlie822Transplant Patient
Updated August 4, 2021 in Kidney

Hello folks, I need a kidney and I'm O+ blood type. I have a number of antibodies due to heart transplant and a number of complications.

With that said, my wife is nearing the end of testing as a donor for a paired exchange with someone needing an A+ blood type kidney.

If you're in need of an A+ kidney and have a O donor, maybe we can work out a paired exchange.

I'm in the Minneapolis area and work with Abbott Northwestern Hospital.

If anyone is interested, I'd like to talk.

Mike

Tagged:

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• bhameisterTransplant Patient

I am not sure your situation, but have you considered "Advance donation-voucher program"? I have heard family members/close friends would donate for someone and they would get a kidney with the "voucher". I have put information below from UW Health's (Madison, WI) website. It could be something you look into to. If you want more information, I can get you in touch with someone at UW Health to talk further with. I had a liver transplant there in February 2020 and they are wonderful there to work with.

I hope you find a kidney! 😊

-Brittney

Advanced donation – voucher program

This type of donation happens if you are ready to donate now, but your intended recipient does not yet need a transplant but may in the future. It is a paired-exchange donation through the National Kidney Registry, but there is time between when you donate and when your intended recipient gets a kidney. A voucher will be provided based on the timing:

• Standard voucher: Given to your intended recipient who needs a kidney transplant within the next year.
    • Family voucher: Given to up to five intended recipients who will not likely need a transplant within the next year. If any of these five people ever need a kidney transplant, they would get a living donor kidney.

This type of advanced donation helps if you are ready to donate but have a window of time when you can donate. This could happen if you have a job like teaching, or if you have a life event that must be avoided, like a wedding or travel.

July 23, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I've never even heard of this! I guess you learn something new every day

July 25, 2021