Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Today (March 9th) is World Kidney Day!!

Sdey0522Expert
Transplant Patient
March 9, 2023 in Kidney

Happy World Kidney Day !!

🌟 Theme for 2023: 🌟

➡️ Kidney Health for All - Preparing for the unexpected, supporting the vulnerable!

Best of luck to all the warriors who are fighting Kidney Disease.

Worldwide, Chronic kidney Disease (CKD affects >10% of the general population - amounting to >800 million individuals.

More than 1 in 7, that is 15% of US adults or 37 million people, are estimated to have CKD. As many as 9 in 10 adults with CKD do not know they have CKD. About 2 in 5 adults with severe CKD do not know they have CKD.

As transplant recipients/patients, it's extremely important to take good care of our kidneys. Kidneys take a hit due to the immunosuppressant meds that we have to take.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

Thanks @Sdey0522 It's been a weird week for me, so I didn't get a great chance to celebrate World Kidney Day. We've been in testing mode with my doctors about what's going on with my creatinine and my tacro levels. I think we finally have some answers today, so that is good, but there's still more testing to happen going forward!

March 13, 2023
  • Howanitz39Transplant Patient

I never heard about this day. Thank you for bringing it to attention 💚. I will definitely remember this for next year. Shelbycreates good luck on your tests that you have to get done I hope your team finds out soon what is going on and that it gets resolved quickly best of luck and you both are in my prayers 💚

March 14, 2023
  • Philipjones17Transplant Patient

Hope everyone had a awesome WKD 2023 here is our WKD event we did on A Second Chance

March 28, 2023