General — TransplantLyfe

General

The silenced side of living donation

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated November 29, 2023 in General

I urge you all to read this story by our own @AliEm14. it moved me to tears, and it made me think about what metrics we really should analyze to assess success…

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• ole_ball_coachTransplant Patient

Wow! I felt closed in when reading. I had to put it down and grab a coffee to actually digest it. I too was very emotional. I don 't know if what we have all b een through and witnessed has an impact, but what a heartfelt testamony.

Thank you Karin for sharing the story. Thank you AliEm14 for being so straight forward with a truly personal story of love, grief, sadness and joy. Your brother is a hero for sharing his body to save you, and you are a hero for sharing the story with us.

November 29, 2023
  • lescp3Care Partner

Thank you for sharing this Ali and for bringing this to the forefront today Karin....tears, emotions, family, love, joy... everything is flowing! It is hard to share the risks when we all know we want more living donors. But full awareness is the only way.

November 29, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi Ali, that was a very touching, but. wow what u and your brother went thru, especially your parents I cannot imagine . You my friend r an amazing person I can see why your brother is your hero. I have a very close relationship with my brother also, he has been a part of my LTP journey and all my surgeries after TP. U have been thru so much I am so happy u r doing so well. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you Karin. 😊💚

November 29, 2023
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

I couldn't agree more, @Melsamm . @AliEm14 is a #warrior and her brother is an #amazing #hero. WOW!!

Indeed, #Organdonation + #transplantation = #Miracles 💯

**Thank you for sharing,@Karin @Karin

November 30, 2023
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 Thank you for sharing such a personal experience. You and your family are so brave and inspiring. You are all so strong. I am so glad I know someone as amazing as you!

December 1, 2023