Kidney/Pancreas — TransplantLyfe

Kidney/Pancreas

Darkness

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
November 28, 2020 in Kidney/Pancreas

Anyone else worry about the upcoming winter and the darkness when it comes to mental health? I can already feel my paranoia and fears setting in - I crave light! @AnnMarie @lescp3 @Lisa_Hehenberger @Iris8324

Tagged:

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• AnnMarieCare Partner

YES! I am so worried. Not just for those who regularly deal with seasonal depression but those who are exhibiting it for the first time. Light therapy, adding more Vitamin D (talk to you doctor) and keeping a routine are some ways I stay a little more balanced. Sometimes that means getting moving much earlier than I really want.

November 28, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Excellent advice @AnnMarie - I love my early morning walks to drop off for Livs school - sets a rhythm of the day!

November 29, 2020
  • kashknCare Partner

100% can relate, @Karin I have been thinking about adding white light lamps to the areas in the house where I work. But also to have them on generally throughout the day as @AnnMarie - I think, like you said, it's one of the first times I have been feeling like less light with the combination of not going out as much, is making me wish I had more hours of light in the day. :/

November 29, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I am adding lights everywhere!! @AnnMarie @kashkn

November 29, 2020
  • rimkmrOther

I try to use a light therapy lamp each morning if I can't get outside! Makes a huge difference. I'm also trying to force myself to get up earlier in the colder/darker months to take advantage of the daylight and maintain a healthy circadian rhythm.

November 29, 2020
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

@rimkmr where do you get such a lamp??

November 29, 2020
  • kashknCare Partner
    November 30, 2020
  • lescp3Care Partner

This may sound crazy but I use the early darkness as a great excuse to have a fire which makes me happy (until it gets time to clean up the next day!) But fires are something of a winter treat that i really enjoy.

November 30, 2020