General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

How do you Pay-it-forward ?(as a recipient)

Sdey0522Expert
Transplant Patient
October 14, 2022 in General

As a transplant recipient, what are the various ways by which you've been able to (or, are trying to) give back ?

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I don’t actively think of what I do as paying it forward, though some people might see it that way. I work in a lot of advocacy spaces, cultivating transplant community is something I love, and it could be considered paying it forward. I prefer to think of it the way I heard someone say it once - live your life as a human thank you. I live my life. I wake up every day and do my best and work hard to make a life I love and do things I can be proud of. I love people and am honest and authentic. However someone chooses to perceive that is their decision, but I don’t think of it as paying it forward. I just think of it as being alive, being a human thank you

October 14, 2022
  • montrealTransplant Patient

To 'pay it forward,' of course. It goes with the territory. Someone gave me life. It may have been at the DMV with the 'Why not' signature or someone who actively searched for the DonateLife site. Or it may have been from a DonateLife volunteer asking for donor signatures. A pledge to give life.

Someone saved my life. It's now my obligation to save the lives of others. The hospitals are full of people dancing with IV lines, many will die but some will live because I got one person to sign a donor card. That's eight lives right there.

It's a good day to be alive.

October 31, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Excellent!! I'M sure you'll continue giving back like you have been.

November 1, 2022

1 - 9 of 9 Other Answers

• MelsammTransplant Patient

very well saidπŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

October 14, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Awesome, @AliEm14 ! πŸ‘ Wonderful perspective & outlook!

October 14, 2022

Hi,

Indeed it is, ever days a good day when ur a TP recipient. I just had my 2yr. Liverversary.πŸ’š I hope u like the site, I am fairly new and everyone has been so informative, kind and so helpful.

October 31, 2022
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Congrats on your 2nd Liverversary! You're #blessed indeed with the ultimate #GiftofLife πŸ’™πŸ’š Stay healthy.

November 1, 2022
  • montrealTransplant Patient

We know each other by Jen, TSO and various FB groups.

My name is David Verge, you probably don't remember, you cruise around to multiple places.

November 1, 2022

Thank youπŸ’š

November 1, 2022